Is Putin Winning The Oil War?
- Admiration for Putin’s decisiveness has largely subsided in the West, but not totally. There are still people arguing Russia will come out the other end reinforced.
- While low oil prices will also produce problems in the US shale sector, it’s strange to close one’s eyes to the problems these cause in Russia’s energy sector.
- The fall in the ruble could, long-time provide a boost to non-energy production and exports from Russia, but not without serious reforms.
- And Russia first has to survive a rather acute crisis.
- Only if oil recovers and Russia embarks on reforms would it be a good place to invest.
Is Putin Winning The Oil War? | Seeking Alpha
Tags: Oil · Russia