shareholdersunite.com

Opportunities in smallcaps

shareholdersunite.com header image 4

Entries from February 2016

The Fear Of Fears | Seeking Alpha

February 21st, 2016 · Comments Off on The Fear Of Fears | Seeking Alpha

The year started with an unprecedented selloff in the financial markets. Plenty of reasons have been offered for this, from oil, to China, to global recession fears, to a Fed prematurely tightening, expensive valuations, etc. There is something to be said for many of these, but we think behind this lies a much bigger fear. […]

[Read more →]

Tags: The Markets

February 2016

February 11th, 2016 · Comments Off on February 2016

We have to say, things are looking very bleak: Debt levels are too high almost everywhere. This matters especially where (public or private) debt isn’t denominated in the home currency, like much private debt in emerging markets or public debt in the eurozone. China is slowing down busting up commodity and oil exporting emerging markets […]

[Read more →]

Tags: The Markets

The Keynesian Crash? | Seeking Alpha

February 11th, 2016 · Comments Off on The Keynesian Crash? | Seeking Alpha

Stockmarkets tumbled almost everywhere in the first couple of weeks of the year, and some predict they will crash. This is blamed on Keynesian economics, in the name of which debt levels were bloated and inordinate amounts of money printed. We’re not so pessimistic and we’ll try to show that there is much wrong with […]

[Read more →]

Tags: Economics · The Markets

A Primer On China And The Markets | Seeking Alpha

February 7th, 2016 · Comments Off on A Primer On China And The Markets | Seeking Alpha

The turmoil in the markets is, not surprisingly, matched by a wide variety of perspectives. We provide some of the main optimists who argue this is a normal correction. The pessimists think it is something deeper, and the über bears foresee a crash. Those that predict a crash see widespread debt deleveraging and resulting deflation, […]

[Read more →]

Tags: China · The Markets

Where is the Gas/Water Contact and the Elusive Western Fault?

February 3rd, 2016 · Comments Off on Where is the Gas/Water Contact and the Elusive Western Fault?

So, yes the engineers that do the reserve determination will use all of  the data available. Seismic, gravity, logs, cores, flow tests etc. I would not say they will “average” the methods but that they will give what they consider to be the proper weight to each technique in determining their final number. I guess […]

[Read more →]

Tags: IOC

February 2016

February 1st, 2016 · Comments Off on February 2016

It turns out, over 93% of investors lost money in January. Our portfolio is part of the other 7%.. Source: February 2016

[Read more →]

Tags: Portfolio