- The US economy generates a lot of wealth but a large majority isn’t sharing in it. This has already led to one political semi-revolt.
- But what will happen if that revolt, which led to the Trump presidency, doesn’t deliver?
- It remains very much to be seen whether unleashing capitalism, given the economic circumstances, will lead to more wealth, let alone spreading it more evenly.
- If it doesn’t it could get ugly. This isn’t going to happen next week or next month, but it is brewing nevertheless.
- Another complicating factor is the technological revolution called artificial intelligence and the disruption this is going to cause.
The Political Risk To Stocks
June 11th, 2017 · No Comments
Tags: The Markets