Waymo Is Likely To Develop As The Go-To Autonomous Vehicle Partner
- Car manufacturers and other companies are racing towards developing autonomous vehicles.
- As a player with little mass manufacturing capabilities itself, Waymo, Google’s AV company, needs to partner with those that have.
- Car manufacturers are likely to be willing partners, some could recognize they do not have the relevant capabilities in-house, others might fear they will be late to the party.
- There isn’t any other obvious partner with such all-around capabilities in AV, even if there are those with partial ones like Intel, Nvidia, etc.
- So Waymo looks likely to grab a significant slice of the AV value chain as car manufacturers struggle to develop these in-house.
Source: Waymo Is Likely To Develop As The Go-To Autonomous Vehicle Partner
Tags: Autonomous Vehicles · GOOG