AI And Robots Do Not Necessarily Lead To Mass Unemployment
September 12th, 2017 · No Comments
- The US labor market has been buffeted by structural change, mostly caused by automation, leaving many people behind and fueling a populist revolt.
- With the advent of AI and robotics, the pace of structural change is only likely to accelerate.
- Rather than retreat into economic nationalism and protectionism, the US could learn from other country experiences.
- Japan and China are showing that automation doesn’t necessarily have to produce widespread dislocation and can even be embraced.
- Other countries have labor market institutions that are better equipped to deal with big shocks.
Source: AI And Robots Do Not Necessarily Lead To Mass Unemployment | Seeking Alpha
Tags: AI · Automation