The Amazon Economy
- Amazon undoubtedly brings efficiency to the shopping process, but there is a considerable price to pay for this.
- By monopolizing online market access, it forces most other online sellers to either join Amazon or become irrelevant.
- Amazon increasingly owns the underlying infrastructure of commerce, and this gives it ample opportunity to tilt the playing field in its favor.
- Another shadow side is that this is eroding local businesses, choice, economic dynamism and community in large parts of the US.
- And while the consumer experience is seamless, the labor model that Amazon uses isn’t very attractive, its wages are low and employment conditions uncertain.
Source: The Amazon Economy – Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) | Seeking Alpha
Tags: AMZN · Economy