- While it recently filled headlines, nothing about the Facebook and Cambridge Analytica scandal is actually new.
- There are likely many more Cambridge Analytica, as it was very easy to get hold of Facebook data. The genie isn’t likely to get back into the bottle.
- Facebook combines a 2.2 billion-person community with extraordinarily potent tech to microtarget. There is no reason this doesn’t work for other use cases.
- Facebook has displayed an extremely cavalier attitude towards data privacy even when the negative effects of these have become blatantly obvious.
- The risk is that when the public starts to fully understand the scope of the problems and the inadequacy of Facebook’s reaction, trust will erode.
Facebook Cannot Be Trusted Again
April 9th, 2018 · No Comments