- Facebook promised to bring people together and Facebook might very well have done that for many.
- However, evidence is mounting that Facebook also is an ideal platform for tearing societies apart, especially for actors with bad intentions, of which there are plenty.
- While existing legal possibilities on the platform already are very much geared to this, very lax data practices have added yet another layer to this destructive potential.
- The lax policies and years of denial show either gross incompetence, or worse, especially of its CEO.
- While Facebook is cleaning up its act only now, the damage has been done and cannot be undone.
Facebook: The Medium Is The Message
April 13th, 2018 · No Comments