The Trump Economy Half A Year After The Tax Cuts
- Half a year after the tax cuts the economy is on sound footing and unemployment at multi-decade lows.
- Proponents of the tax cuts claim they are responsible for an economic revival.
- While we don’t exclude the possibility that this revival might still arrive, nothing in the figures suggests that the economy has been propelled on a higher growth path yet.
- There is one constituency with demonstrable gains though, shareholders. The stock exchange undoubtedly showed a Trump induced acceleration which no other variable shows.
- But it remains to be seen how that continues as dangers are lurking from many sides.
Source: The Trump Economy Half A Year After The Tax Cuts | Seeking Alpha
Tags: Economy · Public sector deficits and debts