- Most Western democracies fumbled in their response to the coronavirus outbreak despite having two months to prepare.
- A number of Asian countries have shown that it was possible to nip an outbreak in the bud and/or contain one when a serious one materialized.
- Investors are suddenly faced with a whole new landscape to navigate.
- A huge demand shock, an economy in self-induced coma, unheard-of public spending and monetary bazookas are some of the more immediate challenges.
- After that, the epic failure is likely to change the post-virus world and capitalism’s institutional make-up is likely to be seriously questioned.
A Failure Of Epic Proportions
April 7th, 2020 · No Comments