ShareholdersUnite Forums
PNG not take the other 15% - Printable Version

+- ShareholdersUnite Forums (http://shareholdersunite.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Companies (http://shareholdersunite.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Nautilus Minerals (NUSMF) (http://shareholdersunite.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: PNG not take the other 15% (/showthread.php?tid=9468)

Pages: 1 2 3

PNG not take the other 15% - seabedmining - 12-11-2015

http://www.nautilusminerals.com/IRM/PDF/1714/StateNomineesOption

RE: PNG not take the other 15% - seascandive - 12-12-2015

Thanks for posting, seabed. IMO, this is pretty good news: We still have state ownership of 15% of Solwara (which offers protection in PNG waters) and now, we have clarity on the matter. Private business can step in through partnerships / direct investment. I doubt they would be get the deferential treatment given to the state.

What I am trying to say is that it's great that we have a limited partner with the state but, we can really start to get things accomplished when partnered with private enterprise.

The only thing that I mull over is if management will sell us out prematurely. Currently NUS has a market cap of around 100MM. I would hope they wouldn't take any offer seriously that doesn't contain at least an extra couple 0's but, I just don't know. Management would be well protected either way so, I guess it's up to the BOD to look out for THEIR best interests (which coincide with all the stockholders). My mind always seems to wander back to the 40M at .20 -- I get a little sick every time that memory pops up.

RE: PNG not take the other 15% - saitham - 12-12-2015

From my perspective this is not a good news. Nautilus would have sold 15% of just a subsidiary to gain lots of cash. Do the math to find out how many new stocks they have to sell (at this low level, or probably lower) to bring in the same amount of cash. It would not even be enough to bring Nautilus till till SOP and develop the next site. They will delute again to get money - just as they did last time. Any other solution will be much more expensive to us shareholders...

RE: PNG not take the other 15% - seabedmining - 12-12-2015

whatever.... it's not in our hands - i guess there will be soon a conference call

RE: PNG not take the other 15% - seascandive - 12-12-2015

agreed

RE: PNG not take the other 15% - seascandive - 12-14-2015

Saitham, after sleeping on it, I've come to think you may have a valid point. In this market, getting attention for investment is going to be nearly impossible. Dilution right now will be crazy expensive to us (the stock holders) -- perhaps terminally expensive.

The timing is pretty bad... which is an echo of the last time Nautilus had to dilute. Any dilution will require a reverse split. The amount of shares outstanding is already high.

RE: PNG not take the other 15% - woodrhino - 12-14-2015

Nautilus has another option that is not immediately dilutive.   Stock warrants that can be sold to all private and retail investors.  It would be dilutive immediately if all the investors acted on the warrants, but since warrants last along time and have a set stock purchase price the dilutive process may be over long period where the underlying stock price may increase.

RE: PNG not take the other 15% - seabedmining - 12-14-2015

What is with the now unused 15% from PNG? Could't Nautilus sell them to other investors?

RE: PNG not take the other 15% - woodrhino - 12-14-2015

'seabedmining' pid='65359' datel Wrote:What is with the now unused 15% from PNG? Could't Nautilus sell them to other investors?

That 15% maybe taken by the large shareholders.  I guess that might be beneficial to them, and save the stock from  further dilution.  They would have direct profits from Solwara, any stock appreciation, money from IP licensing .

RE: PNG not take the other 15% - saitham - 12-14-2015

Why would I buy just 15% of a tiny subsidiary when I could buy for the same amount almost half the mother company including the subsidiary you got offered in the first place?

My Statement is bit exaggerated, but I think it is the key question of a sane investor.

What did I learn: Do not get in to fast of a start up. There will be better opportunities down the road.