'Thylacine-2' pid='51175' datel Wrote:I agree, Getitrt2, that IOC will attempt to comply with regulatory requirements.
The PR read: " Raptor-1 has intersected 200m of the Kapau Limestone target zone, with wireline logs indicating the presence of hydrocarbons. InterOil now plans to conduct well testing to determine the hydrocarbon type, column, flow rate and reservoir quality."
Different opinions have been expressed as to whether or not the well has reached total depth. Some say yes, others of us, including Pet,say most likely not. I don't think clarifying this important issue for the field trip participants would in any way step over the line.
Then there is the matter of the "hydrocarbon type" being oil. After drilling 200 meters of the reef and running and evaluation wireline logs, IOC already has considerable information touching on the issue of hydrocarbon type. IMO if they had found no indications of oil, they would not have mentioned testing for "hydrocarbon type". Would it be a violation of regulations if the field trip participants came away with a better informed opinion of the likelihood of this being an oil discovery? Absolutely not. IOC has already disclosed, in the above statement, that the question of hydrocarbon type is open.
I agree with you except for the issue of oil. My understanding is that an oil discovery would be a HUGE plus for IOC, representing early production and cash flow without requirement of a partner and major capital investment project years out as with gas, how HUGE depending on the size of course, and therefore representing very material information. I am not expecting oil, and I think confirming that, as opposed to its being a possibility, to parties in a position to communicate it or act on it, without prior or simultaneous public disclosure, would be a violation, IMHO.

