Well said, Art, Admin, and Palm!
|
Anyone Else Getting Tired of Management?
|
|
06-04-2013, 09:07 AM
I would say that one reason for the excitement of O'Neill and the NEC is that I think 22.5% of the gas sold to XOM would belong to PNG, representing an early monetization of some of PNG's gas, with XOM getting infrastructure and CSP built to provide more for domestic use along with expansion of PNG LNG and tax revenues as well. This would be a WIN-WIN deal for all parties!
Well said, Art, Admin, and Palm!
06-04-2013, 09:23 AM
'ebster123' pid='23672' datel Wrote:STP, I agree this is not a lemonade stand but one must agree that while this can not all occur in a Sataurday afternoon it should be ale to happen in 2 years of Sataurday afternoons. I know there are other prospects to develope that can increase value but every company has to decide a point to seal a deal. I am long but would also say no matter what the deal is it has taken much much much longer than any of us had expected. ebster, exactly what is the beginning of your "2 years"? Was that not in the early stages of the government conflict and chaos, with IOC on a totally different development track and no IBs in the picture? Majors were in PNG in the 1950s with huge assets to work with and have yet to find anything. OSH had been sitting on (less) stranded gas for many years and was moving in a different direction with XOM after a failed scheme to pipe gas under the ocean to Australia. Of course it's taken longer than "expected", but look at what has happened and been overcome, and at how little we know about any of it, really.
06-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Hey, I don't know who sold any at 107, but it was there for maybe a minute so I don't think anyone can time things that well. If you could you wouldn't be posting here. Also, no one knew what to make of the pr and the implications. We can just as well be sitting at 120 right now.
As for me, I am a buy and hold kind of guy. I can stomach these drops cause I am in at a much much lower price. I do not look at the daily fluctuations because I would be a wreck if I did, or out buying cars. Regarding the title of the thread. Chandler buying 17 % of the float and his friend Paulson tagging along, together outnumber insider holdings. If management is not performing to appropriate expectations, we have investors that WILL become activist. These guys are pros and Chandler knows the business well. Lackluster performance will NOT be tolerated.
06-04-2013, 09:50 AM
'Getitrt2' pid='23681' dateline='<a href="tel:1370301 Wrote: Getit, I've got it, as for time frame I have not broken it down to the exact day or month I use two years because in the end much of this has been happening even behind the scenes since then. It has taken much time and when you you are correct "how little we know about any of it" is true....either way. I have said multiple times, I believe in the assets and of the management I am suspect. Seeing what they have for assets, I can't believe many would have problems selling them to such needy countries as we keep reading. I am not sour, I am not mad, I am just surprised. I remain long and will be I believe until the end. Good luck to all. I would rather sooner than later but I am not sure of that. Time will tell....
06-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Right on, cyber, and the fact that the billionaire plus industry expert Chandler is still buying ought to tell Jackson, Ebster, and the rest of us outside the Company and industry something, even if we are very frustrated in our relative ignorance.
06-04-2013, 09:59 AM
'cybersssss' pid='23682' dateline='<a href="tel:1370302 Wrote:Hey, I don't know who sold any at 107, but it was there for maybe a minute so I don't think anyone can time things that well. If you could you wouldn't be posting here. Also, no one knew what to make of the pr and the implications. We can just as well be sitting at 120 right now. As for me, I am a buy and hold kind of guy. I can stomach these drops cause I am in at a much much lower price. I do not look at the daily fluctuations because I would be a wreck if I did, or out buying cars. Regarding the title of the thread. Chandler buying 17 % of the float and his friend Paulson tagging along, together outnumber insider holdings. If management is not performing to appropriate expectations, we have investors that WILL become activist. These guys are pros and Chandler knows the business well. Lackluster performance will NOT be tolerated. I didn't say sell at $107; I said use the spike to $107 as an opportunity. This was a typical spike on news and trimming in the high $90s was quite easy. I am also a LT player but use a core holding and buy and sell traders like many here. Yields many "free" shares while keeping the core holdings in the game. Pretty basic stuff.
06-04-2013, 10:28 AM
'Getitrt2' pid='23684' dateline='<a href="tel:1370303 Wrote:Right on, cyber, and the fact that the billionaire plus industry expert Chandler is still buying ought to tell Jackson, Ebster, and the rest of us outside the Company and industry something, even if we are very frustrated in our relative ignorance.
Getit, frustrated yes, as I believe many of are however ignorant, no....I know you did not mean me. C'mon, I miss the informative regular banter without accusations or slander. I wish a deal was yesterday, if not I would take tomorrow but likely it will be a while. If you are not a bit frustrated at times with this you either in at a low number, hedged all the way or not telling the truth. In the end just chill. The post slamming of any differing view, especially from one who I believe has posted as a long for quite some time is BS. Time will tell, take a chill pill and relax.
06-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Art, is that a rare Triceralope in your avatar, or are you just happy to be here?
06-04-2013, 08:41 PM
'calaban48' pid='23697' dateline='<a href="tel:1370338 Wrote: Just hangin, waitin to see if any more zebra come around.
06-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Nice art, Art.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

