Posts: 16
Threads: 2
Joined: Dec 2013
Reputation:
21
'tarulestheday' pid='34211' datel Wrote:
You are dead on. Thanks for explaining the "multiplier effect" on shorting. Who knows how many actual IOC shares are out there for manipulation. Sadly, the SEC has no clue or intention of stopping this. Sadder still, Wayne has no interest in this at all. The last time I mentioned it, he said that the fundamentals would take care of this eventually. WRONG. Maybe Hession will be more proactive and hire someone to at least ASSESS this IOC short situation.
Another reason for a small one time divi or ongoing. The fact that the shorts have to pay the divi, it forces all brokers to locate all shares.
I honestly don't think IOC management cares enough to bother with all this.
With regards to WA or Hessions I a mhappy to elaborate. I can even bring the attorneys at no charge to discuss with them and guide them as to steps that need to be taken. For Example request trade reports through the Freedom of Information Act to see who's shorting. BUT, I think they have their heads in the sand.IE they want to believe it will all go away over time. Well they won't feel that way if a hostile bid comes at 75-80.
I encourage all of you to push this on Hession and I will do what I can.
Posts: 332
Threads: 46
Joined: Jul 2012
Reputation:
99
Thanks for your generous offer Nak. However, I believe that IOC management only really cares about their top 10 holders. If you are a little guy with<10K shares, they just don't care. We need a big holder to bring this to Hession's attention.
Posts: 12,025
Threads: 1,809
Joined: Apr 2008
Reputation:
227
'tarulestheday' pid='34217' datel Wrote:Thanks for your generous offer Nak. However, I believe that IOC management only really cares about their top 10 holders. If you are a little guy with<10K shares, they just don't care. We need a big holder to bring this to Hession's attention.
Well, you just told us that some of these were very unhappy..
So there might be an upside to the downside..
Posts: 485
Threads: 45
Joined: Mar 2013
Reputation:
57
Thank you so much for this offer. Nak. I will use what lines I have in communication to push for this.
Like I said in a previous post, if management ignores generous offers like this and does nothing else meaningful against the shorts, is this grounds for legal action against them? Perhaps the only way to get them to take legal action is for shareholders to threaten it against management. It would be a shame to have to come to that, but if management keeps their heads "buried in the sand," what else can we do? It would be great if a company's stock price could simply be rewarded for running a company well, but it seems that is not possible for Interoil unless the shorts are confronted and defeated.
Posts: 173
Threads: 11
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
26
12-13-2013, 06:38 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 06:39 AM by Dmarque.)
'Movieguy' pid='34219' datel Wrote:Thank you so much for this offer. Nak. I will use what lines I have in communication to push for this. Like I said in a previous post, if management ignores generous offers like this and does nothing else meaningful against the shorts, is this grounds for legal action against them? Perhaps the only way to get them to take legal action is for shareholders to threaten it against management. It would be a shame to have to come to that, but if management keeps their heads "buried in the sand," what else can we do? It would be great if a company's stock price could simply be rewarded for running a company well, but it seems that is not possible for Interoil unless the shorts are confronted and defeated.
If the shorts are known by our CEO to be financed by a SM trying to gain control of IOC it might be a case of "Their Pockets are Deeper than Our Pockets". There have been many times in my life where I have witnessed someone being in the right but unable to mount a legal case that would ultimately result in profitable outcome......Might be that MH and WA know enough about the circumstances surrounding these events to prevent them from taking action because it would cost more in time and expense to justify a financial benefit......
M
Posts: 16
Threads: 2
Joined: Dec 2013
Reputation:
21
'Dmarque' pid='34220' datel Wrote:
'Movieguy' pid='34219' datel Wrote:Thank you so much for this offer. Nak. I will use what lines I have in communication to push for this. Like I said in a previous post, if management ignores generous offers like this and does nothing else meaningful against the shorts, is this grounds for legal action against them? Perhaps the only way to get them to take legal action is for shareholders to threaten it against management. It would be a shame to have to come to that, but if management keeps their heads "buried in the sand," what else can we do? It would be great if a company's stock price could simply be rewarded for running a company well, but it seems that is not possible for Interoil unless the shorts are confronted and defeated.
If the shorts are known by our CEO to be financed by a SM trying to gain control of IOC it might be a case of "Their Pockets are Deeper than Our Pockets". There have been many times in my life where I have witnessed someone being in the right but unable to mount a legal case that would ultimately result in profitable outcome......Might be that MH and WA know enough about the circumstances surrounding these events to prevent them from taking action because it would cost more in time and expense to justify a financial benefit......
M
I am not presenting this for the company to pursue a profitable outcome although both companies mentioned above did exactly that. I bring this to the boards attention because if the company takes no agressive action this will continue to hurt us and large shareholders alike but most of all management and their hopes of $ 2,3,400 / share.
I'd be surprised if either of them had any clue as to the tactics ( some of which have been laid out above ) much less what to do about it.
Posts: 12,025
Threads: 1,809
Joined: Apr 2008
Reputation:
227
Technical tip:
When responding to a post using the reply function (rather than the quick reply or new reply), it automatically includes the post you're replying to.
However, start writing AFTER the [/quote] sign, otherwise you risk making your own post indistinguishable from the one your quoting.
Sometimes you have to scroll down a bit to see the [/quote] sign.
Thanks!
Posts: 203
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2013
Reputation:
45
'Dmarque' pid='34220' datel Wrote:
'Movieguy' pid='34219' datel Wrote:Thank you so much for this offer. Nak. I will use what lines I have in communication to push for this. Like I said in a previous post, if management ignores generous offers like this and does nothing else meaningful against the shorts, is this grounds for legal action against them? Perhaps the only way to get them to take legal action is for shareholders to threaten it against management. It would be a shame to have to come to that, but if management keeps their heads "buried in the sand," what else can we do? It would be great if a company's stock price could simply be rewarded for running a company well, but it seems that is not possible for Interoil unless the shorts are confronted and defeated.
If the shorts are known by our CEO to be financed by a SM trying to gain control of IOC it might be a case of "Their Pockets are Deeper than Our Pockets". There have been many times in my life where I have witnessed someone being in the right but unable to mount a legal case that would ultimately result in profitable outcome......Might be that MH and WA know enough about the circumstances surrounding these events to prevent them from taking action because it would cost more in time and expense to justify a financial benefit......
M
There are billions of dollars at stake. Allocating a few million in legal fees to get to the bottom of it is a no brainer.
Posts: 61
Threads: 10
Joined: Sep 2012
Reputation:
26
'mikesioc' pid='34236' datel Wrote:
'Dmarque' pid='34220' datel Wrote:
'Movieguy' pid='34219' datel Wrote:Thank you so much for this offer. Nak. I will use what lines I have in communication to push for this. Like I said in a previous post, if management ignores generous offers like this and does nothing else meaningful against the shorts, is this grounds for legal action against them? Perhaps the only way to get them to take legal action is for shareholders to threaten it against management. It would be a shame to have to come to that, but if management keeps their heads "buried in the sand," what else can we do? It would be great if a company's stock price could simply be rewarded for running a company well, but it seems that is not possible for Interoil unless the shorts are confronted and defeated.
If the shorts are known by our CEO to be financed by a SM trying to gain control of IOC it might be a case of "Their Pockets are Deeper than Our Pockets". There have been many times in my life where I have witnessed someone being in the right but unable to mount a legal case that would ultimately result in profitable outcome......Might be that MH and WA know enough about the circumstances surrounding these events to prevent them from taking action because it would cost more in time and expense to justify a financial benefit......
M
There are billions of dollars at stake. Allocating a few million in legal fees to get to the bottom of it is a no brainer.
Yes! These short sale people need to be exposed. Sunlight is the best medicine I say! Shine a spotlight where the sun don't shine!
Posts: 857
Threads: 139
Joined: Aug 2013
Reputation:
197
'arthurbell' pid='34237' dateline='<a href="tel:1386887 Wrote:
'mikesioc' pid='34236' dateline='<a href="tel:1386887 Wrote:
'Dmarque' pid='34220' dateline='<a href="tel:1386880 Wrote:
'Movieguy' pid='34219' dateline='<a href="tel:1386880 Wrote:Thank you so much for this offer. Nak. I will use what lines I have in communication to push for this. Like I said in a previous post, if management ignores generous offers like this and does nothing else meaningful against the shorts, is this grounds for legal action against them? Perhaps the only way to get them to take legal action is for shareholders to threaten it against management. It would be a shame to have to come to that, but if management keeps their heads "buried in the sand," what else can we do? It would be great if a company's stock price could simply be rewarded for running a company well, but it seems that is not possible for Interoil unless the shorts are confronted and defeated.
If the shorts are known by our CEO to be financed by a SM trying to gain control of IOC it might be a case of "Their Pockets are Deeper than Our Pockets". There have been many times in my life where I have witnessed someone being in the right but unable to mount a legal case that would ultimately result in profitable outcome......Might be that MH and WA know enough about the circumstances surrounding these events to prevent them from taking action because it would cost more in time and expense to justify a financial benefit......
M
There are billions of dollars at stake. Allocating a few million in legal fees to get to the bottom of it is a no brainer.
Yes! These short sale people need to be exposed. Sunlight is the best medicine I say! Shine a spotlight where the sun don't shine!
All, sounds like there is energy for some united action but no means to make it happen. Any ideas on how to resolve that?
|