'will2bgreat' pid='73168' datel Wrote:
Thank you Lil Old Lady, I agree with your comments, but why not proceed with the IPI certification.
My guess is things become very complex if NSI and GCA publish their estimates and then we go with 2 additional estimates that will probably come in lower than the IPI certification. This will raise serious questions and lawsuits about the certification process. So, how does one avoid this situation? Cancel the IPI certification, drill A7, and do a new certification without previous certifiers to compare against. Yes, we do have GLJ, but everyone agreed to not to allow then in the certification due to agressive estimates.
Also, I agree with Stavros, why don't they cancel the post A7 certification after IOC is acquired? I can hear the sales line now; we have cancelled A7 because we know we have sufficient gas for an additional 2 trains for PNG LNG. So to proceed to market as rapidly as possible, the group has agreed that additional certification wells are not required.
Also, everyone keeps talking about A7 adding additional gas, but that is not my understanding. A7 can reduce the amount of certification gas. I'm no expert here but I think the location of the fault would have some type of monte carlo method applied to determined the amount of gas in this area. So if the fault is determine to be further east, the amount of gas in this area will go down. But let's have some of your geo experts pipe in here.
Will -I am one of the geos on our board,but certainly not an expert . I have to leave now for a family get-together but will try to give you my thoughts on your question "manana" (for what they may be worth) ! Happy forth to you .

