09-13-2012, 11:28 AM
'ArtM72' pid='9733' datel Wrote:I'm sorry, but even as a strong proponent of NG I just can't see abandonment of nuclear by Japan for long. I have the unsubstantiated faith that the Japanese people will be brought to understand the hazards of different kinds of nuke design and adopt a design from those whose risk is "deminimus" when compared to the reactors at Fukashima. The biggest problem with nuclear after all is said and done is that its hazards are invisible and humankind is susceptable to being lulled into complacency. Not a minor defect in us, to be sure.
I agree, Art, that Japan will reverse this nuclear policy. The failure of an obsolete nuclear plant in a sunami zone with the standby generators in the basement and the spent fuel rods on the roof is scant reason for permanently giving up on nuclear. But the policy is certainly supportive for LNG now.

