Posts: 235
Threads: 10
Joined: May 2012
I do prefer approved delays myself palm

"The new rig is reportedly now in place at Elk3 with approved delayed drilling". Sure beats unapproved delays
Posts: 6,851
Threads: 697
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
441
Agree bertl! As STP has pointed out, it shows a new level of cooperation with government officials AND an understanding by IOC mgmt that they MUST work through proper channels to get things done. And as far as fast-tracking, for me the clock restarted in August when O'Neill was sworn in and both he and the GG emphasized the importance of the Gulf LNG project. If O'Neill wants to preserve jobs as he says in that video, things must get approved and finalized early in 2013 to avoid public panic over potential lost jobs.
Posts: 235
Threads: 10
Joined: May 2012
At this point i'm not a big believer that much happens in the near term. Options usually foretell moves in IOC and now they foterll squat. I have a feeling that behind the scenes things are not moving quickly and will take a lot more time. I also have a good feeling first production will be in 2016-17. Si i see the shorts as not worried and I forsee PPS into 45-47 range by mid january.
Posts: 890
Threads: 95
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
117
12-29-2012, 04:06 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2012, 04:06 AM by Petrovale.)
Dang, Bertl, I thought I was a pessimist.
Cheer up a bit, please !
Posts: 8,568
Threads: 1,342
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
380
Bert-you gonna be surprised as will the shorts
Posts: 1,112
Threads: 88
Joined: Feb 2012
Reputation:
109
Jim, what insight leads you to this? TIA, T
Posts: 235
Threads: 10
Joined: May 2012
'jft310' pid='15367' datel Wrote:Bert-you gonna be surprised as will the shorts
Jim, i'm no less a wanter than you are. Im heavily invested here. Im ready to be happily suprised. Hopefully earlier than later, although im not on margin, money is time, time is money. Perhaps im more of a historian than you,,,,,im ready to be shown.
Posts: 8,568
Threads: 1,342
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
380
Why am I bullish ??Well Ant-3 was another hit-proves the assets,the Prime Minister of PNG wants this to happen soon for his 8,000 countrymen,Collin V on the call stated they had 2 super majors as bidders,the IPI investors are quite bullish and they are closest to the news. Ask Spartina how he feels about IOC..WA is quite available for all and he talks to all. I keep in close contact with him. Meg would be glad to schedule time for anyone with Wayne. Email her for a conference time.
The bottom line in the 8 years I have been invested in IOC we have never had it so good. Today IOC wants a deal, the PNG govt wants and needs a deal and the those SM and NOC are flush with cash who have declining reserves who need a deal. Its those SM bids thats excited me. One of those bids will get us more of those bids and those names drive the stock up $50-100 a share when announced. The current short interest is wildly bullish. The herd is never right type thing.I smell a deal. A big deal soon.Those CA keep a lid on the news leaking out.