Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Feb 28 = March 1
#11
Buy out price based on what we know today should be $400 a share plus. I was asked in Dec sell it all or keep it and sell off in pieces. I voted sell in pieces. The majority agreed sell off in pieces. Not to say at some time we will not approach fair value. Its not up to the Board to sell IOC or not. The Board recommends to the shareholders.The shareholders have agreed to sell in pieces at least as a start. IOC will not be sold out cheap but yes it may get sold.
I own/control a lot of IOC shares.
Reply

#12
We have a great game of Texas Hold'em going here. The river card is about to be turned. It will soon reveal who is going to stay in the game and who is going to walk away from the table having gone all in with everything. The difference is that longs can only lose their investment. The shorts have borrowed their pot and leveraged it. If they didn't buy pot insurance (Calls) on their borrowings and IOC hits on the River they will lose multiples. I like the pot odds for the longs at this point!
Reply

#13

'CesiumFormate' pid='17742' dateline='<a href="tel:1361839 Wrote:We have a great game of Texas Hold'em going here. The river card is about to be turned. It will soon reveal who is going to stay in the game and who is going to walk away from the table having gone all in with everything. The difference is that longs can only lose their investment. The shorts have borrowed their pot and leveraged it. If they didn't buy pot insurance (Calls) on their borrowings and IOC hits on the River they will lose multiples. I like the pot odds for the longs at this point!

Cesium,

Feb. 28th was set because it was one week after IOC's preferred partner (according to the company) completed their internal approval process/sign offs on a bid.  IMO, IOC knew enough in January to set the deadline to accommodate one ( at least) more bid before wrapping things up and that what they knew then was good enough.  I think on Thursday we get financial results, a resource update as well as the news that bids are in and will be evaluated.  The resource update could be the real meat.  I would prefer to be conservative on a bidding update, other than generalities, but hope I'm surprised.

Reply

#14
Great point Cesium!

Sorry Palm, your post was too perfect not to plagiarize.
Reply

#15

'jft310' pid='17741' datel Wrote:Buy out price based on what we know today should be $400 a share plus. I was asked in Dec sell it all or keep it and sell off in pieces. I voted sell in pieces. The majority agreed sell off in pieces. Not to say at some time we will not approach fair value. Its not up to the Board to sell IOC or not. The Board recommends to the shareholders.The shareholders have agreed to sell in pieces at least as a start. IOC will not be sold out cheap but yes it may get sold. I own/control a lot of IOC shares.

Any idea how long it would take to get shareholders approval - i.e. notiifications to shareholders, accknowledgement from IOC, final tally?

Reply

#16
Over 30 days Very public event everyone would know the buyer and the price stocks trade to 95 percent of the buyout price
Reply

#17

'jft310' pid='17771' datel Wrote:Over 30 days Very public event everyone would know the buyer and the price stocks trade to 95 percent of the buyout price

Thanks.  Thought that would be the case and apprecite your input!

Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)