'Spartina' pid='39838' datel Wrote:I remember one of my sources saying Phil thought that Wahoo had one of the best chances of comercial oil finds fwiw.
Spartina- I think also Dave Holland.
|
Wahoo
|
|
03-26-2014, 01:38 AM
'Spartina' pid='39838' datel Wrote:I remember one of my sources saying Phil thought that Wahoo had one of the best chances of comercial oil finds fwiw. Spartina- I think also Dave Holland.
03-26-2014, 01:53 AM
Thanks Pet for that pdf by Buddin. On page 38 mention was made about"poor quality seismics data" at that time. With our updated seismics we just might get lucky ! (Improving structural interpretation) . Sure like your comments on the Talama fm. On (potential) upcoming gas kicks [to increase mud weight],maybe we can add a little lead ! (just kiddin' of course) . HAGD! ps- Again, thanks for all you share with us.
To get the big picture here you also need to look at the seismic section shown at http://tinyurl.com/m32z6ho page 19 and magnify it to about your full screen size.
03-26-2014, 02:21 AM
Pet, I appreciate what you share with us. It seems to excite some knowledgeable, long-timers on the board who I guess have learned a fair amount about oil and gas drilling logistics. However, to a still-layman, I have usually have no idea what your points or conclusions are when you give (and direct us to read) so much technical information. I suspect many, if not most, of the readers of this board are in the same situation I am. We don't want to look dumb or uneducated, but we have nearly no idea what you are really telling us, other than judging by the reactions of the few others who comment. So I guess you are saying very positive stuff, but could you please summarize it in a straightforward manner for the rest of us? Thanks.
03-26-2014, 02:40 AM
Summary:
Drill please. Only then: Buyout please.
03-26-2014, 03:24 AM
'Movieguy' pid='39854' datel Wrote:Pet, I appreciate what you share with us. It seems to excite some knowledgeable, long-timers on the board who I guess have learned a fair amount about oil and gas drilling logistics. However, to a still-layman, I have usually have no idea what your points or conclusions are when you give (and direct us to read) so much technical information. I suspect many, if not most, of the readers of this board are in the same situation I am. We don't want to look dumb or uneducated, but we have nearly no idea what you are really telling us, other than judging by the reactions of the few others who comment. So I guess you are saying very positive stuff, but could you please summarize it in a straightforward manner for the rest of us? Thanks. Movieguy- Believe me when I say that I don't think anyone on this board is 'dumb or uneducated' at all.Maybe Pet is sharing his knowledge and experience in the way he thinks best knowing there are some "petroleum enthusist" who follow his logic and thoughtful conclusions. He never advises us to buy or sell.....just to cogitate on our possibilities. His thoughts on our chances for success in our next 3 wells are a good summary for many,I think. (fwiw) HAGD.
03-26-2014, 03:31 AM
'Movieguy' pid='39854' datel Wrote:Pet, I appreciate what you share with us. It seems to excite some knowledgeable, long-timers on the board who I guess have learned a fair amount about oil and gas drilling logistics. However, to a still-layman, I have usually have no idea what your points or conclusions are when you give (and direct us to read) so much technical information. I suspect many, if not most, of the readers of this board are in the same situation I am. We don't want to look dumb or uneducated, but we have nearly no idea what you are really telling us, other than judging by the reactions of the few others who comment. So I guess you are saying very positive stuff, but could you please summarize it in a straightforward manner for the rest of us? Thanks.
I am in the same boat Movieguy. Pet is a valuable resource for all on this board without question. I have found if you ask for an explanation in laymans terms he is kind enough to "dumb it down" for those of us lacking the technical expertise of many here. He is the smart kid in class for sure.
Good luck longs
03-26-2014, 03:37 AM
From where I'm standing Pet is a professional who simply enjoys exerting his craft and knowledge. Having to 'dumb it down' might risk losing some of that pleasure, as well as the nuance. We're lucky to have him here and many of his posts are gems which I thoroughly enjoy, even without understanding all of their contents in full.
03-26-2014, 03:57 AM
'admin' pid='39870' datel Wrote:From where I'm standing Pet is a professional who simply enjoys exerting his craft and knowledge. Having to 'dumb it down' might risk losing some of that pleasure, as well as the nuance. We're lucky to have him here and many of his posts are gems which I thoroughly enjoy, even without understanding all of their contents in full. Agree Admin. It's more up to us to do a little research on the terminology he uses (copy some of his terminology into Google for instance and read about what it means) so that we elevate our understanding of the company we are invested in. Over time you understand more and more and that's the idea; understand what you are investing in instead of asking him to spend more of his time "dumbing it down".
03-26-2014, 04:21 AM
From where I'm standing Pet is a professional who simply enjoys exerting his craft and knowledge. Having to 'dumb it down' might risk losing some of that pleasure, as well as the nuance. We're lucky to have him here and many of his posts are gems which I thoroughly enjoy, even without understanding all of their contents in full. [/quote] ********* I agree, Admin. Pet is in a league of his own. I am waiting for the day someone contradicts something Pet writes (possibly on April Fool's Day?). I would have a better chance of success critiquing a Shakespearean sonnet written in Sanskrit. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|