Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How long until the say if the wet testing was successful?
Observer, just out of curiosity, are you holding shares? You've mentioned several times that you were getting out.

'observer' pid='68596' datel Wrote:

...the lingering doubt that the project could grind to a halt due to a lack of cash will likely keep the share price at depressed levels below 1 dollar for the next two years

Observer in your opinion then the share price will be below $1 even after first ore 1Q18 (17 months from now)?  In essence you're saying that even after Nautilus begins selling their ore to China at the rate of $4M per day their stock price will still be sub-$1?

I second the question:  do you even own any shares?  Seriously, you are comparing Nautilus to bitcoin, VW and oil stocks?  Why wait until the end of April... sounds like you need to finish selling and go jump on those bitcoins before they take off again.

'maui4marko' pid='68600' datel Wrote:

'observer' pid='68596' datel Wrote:

...the lingering doubt that the project could grind to a halt due to a lack of cash will likely keep the share price at depressed levels below 1 dollar for the next two years

Observer in your opinion then the share price will be below $1 even after first ore 1Q18 (17 months from now)?  In essence you're saying that even after Nautilus begins selling their ore to China at the rate of $4M per day their stock price will still be sub-$1?

I second the question:  do you even own any shares?  Seriously, you are comparing Nautilus to bitcoin, VW and oil stocks?  Why wait until the end of April... sounds like you need to finish selling and go jump on those bitcoins before they take off again.

I was referring to the time price before first ore, which I thought would take place sometime in spring 2018, maybe it is less than 24 months until that point.

As to your second question, I don't like to admit to myself that it was a mistake to invest in this company so early, which is why I keep postponing the decision to sell my shares and move on.

'saitham' pid='68549' datel Wrote:Current market capitalisation of NUS: around 100m$ Please put yourself in the shoes of an potential investor. Why would you pay 86m$ for just 15% of a tiny JV when you could buy almost the whole company for the same amount. All an potential investor has to do is wait for the next leg down - which is coming for sure. Nautilus is not anymore in the position to make the rules and dictate the conditions. Michael and Chontel repeatetly mentioned in interviews, now that the ROVs are ready, they received from quite some parties the inqueries to get financially involved. So why didn't they make use of it and tried to delute instead? Are those potential Investors just fiction... Hopefully they learnt a Thing or two from this failed offering.

Mostly agree with you.  Barrick Gold sold 50% of the PNG Porgera mine to Zijin, a chinese gold mining company, for $298 million.  Porgera produces 500,000 oz. of gold with a cost of $1025-$1125 per oz., and a bunch of lawsuits ($3 billion) and human right violations.  Solwara will produce less than a third, but the production cost might be half or less than Porgera.   $90 million for 15%  of  JV may not look very enticing but I think the story can be sold, but this depends on management stepping up.   Metallo and MB should have invested to they combined ownership percentage, but what was the reason they stopped short?  Since MB has two seats on the board and Metallo has one rep with a seat I would think that management had a good idea how the offering was going down percentage wise.  Does this mean they have plan B? I don't think anything is on table, but with equipment being delivered and a ship being built it sure is a good time to buy in.  Definitely better than the beginning which a lot on this board can lament.  I think there is more than market valve to this company and management better find a way to make it valuable to someone soon.

I do not see it as negative as observer. It is clear now that a public offering is not working, so the options left are basiacally: strategic investor, streamer and/or debt.
Selling the remaining PNG share to someone in order to raise money seems no option as this week I wrote a mail to IR asking for this and suggested to auction it off to the highes bidder. Seems like they still reserve this share for PNG.
If we get a positive newsflow about results of wet testing the ROVs (in H2 2016) and confirmed source(s) of financing, this might be the buttom right now and a good time to buy more. One just needs to have the nerves to do so...