Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Leads & Prospects from AGM Presentation
Here is a new list of Leads and Prospects from http://www.interoil.com/iocfiles/documen...inal-1.pdf Chart 21. We have two new ones, Leopard and Jaguar. These are the two recently discovered leads East of Triceratops.

New List of Named Leads and Prospects

PPL237

1. T-Rex-Lead
2. Seismosaurus-Lead
3. Allosaurus-Lead
4. Brontosaurus-Lead
5. Pteranodon-Prospect
6. Triceratops-Gas Field
7. Puri-Lead
8. Puri Deep-Lead
9. Mule Deer (also in PRL15)-Lead
10. Mountain Lion (also in PRL15)-Prospect
11. White Tail (also in PRL15)-Prospect
12. Raptor/Duckbill (also in PRL15)-Prospect
12a. Kuru- Gas Field, mostly outside of IOC’s license.

PRL15 (excluding those mentioned above in PPL237)

13. Elk/Antelope-Gas Field
14. Deer-Prospect
15. Grizzly-Prospect
16. Big Horn-Prospect

PPL238

17. Leopard (New)-Lead
18. Jaguar (New)-Lead
19. Longhorn-Lead
20. Moose-Prospect
21. Bear-Lead
22. Chameleon-Lead
23. Caribou-Lead
24. Cougar-Lead
25. Kodiac-Lead
26. Wolverine-Lead
27. Razorback, North-Lead
28. Razorback, South-Lead
29. Bison-Prospect
30. Elephant-Lead
31. Hippo-Lead
32. Lion-Prospect
33. Hog-Lead
34. Turtle-Prospect
35. Rhino, East-Prospect
35. Rhino, West-Prospect
36. Mastodon-Prospect
37. Impala-Lead
38. Zebra-Lead
39. Tuna (also in PPL236)-Prospect to be drilled

PPL236 (excluding Tuna which is mentioned for PPL238 above)

40. Dolphin-Lead
41. Mackerel-Lead
42. Mako-Lead (Actually this should be shown as a Prospect since it is to be drilled)
43. Wahoo-Lead (Actually this should be shown as a Prospect since it is to be drilled)
44. Whale-Prospect
45. Eel- Lead
46. Sea Dragon- Lead
47. Shark-Lead
48. Snapper-Lead
49. Flathead-Lead
50. Salmon-Lead
51. Orca-Lead
52. Nemo-Lead
53. Barracuda-Lead
54. Great White-Lead
55. Yellow Fin-Lead
56. Marlin-Prospect

An old list may be found at http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Business_%26_Finance/Investments/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_I/threadview?bn=26290&tid=269529&mid=269654 Prospects Part II which shows the information IOC has given over several years about what type prospect some of these are. Some are primarily reef prospects and some are primarily Pale/Subu Sandstone prospects. Some we do not know. In addition to what is shown here I now believe the Great White and Yellow Fin Leads are also reef prospects although this information is not from IOC.

There have been a few changes since I made the old list. Bwata, Bwata, East and Bwata, West have been dropped and replaced by Triceratops as one large field. White Tail Deer is actually two prospects, White Tail and Deer. And as mentioned above we have two new ones, Jaguar and Leopard.

Thanks pet. Didn't know that apart from Mule Deer, we also had Deer.
["I now believe the Great White and Yellow Fin Leads are also reef prospects although this information is not from IOC."]

Does that mean that we now have 14 reef prospects?! Thanks.

The counting of the “reef” prospects is precarious as best. Most of this is based on a few charts from presentations and verbal comments on conference calls where it is mentioned that certain areas or prospects were “prospective for possible reefs”. We now know we have reefs at Antelope and Triceratops. (Triceratops replaced three other reefal prospects, Bwata, Bwata East, and Bwata West.) So let’s not count these know reefs.

How many more might we have? From the old list that leaves us with hints about Seismosaurus, Mule Deer, Big Horn, Cougar, Wolverine, Zebra, Tuna, Mackerel, Mako, and Wahoo. That gives us ten un-drilled “possible” reef prospects. We now have a lot of seismic that more or less confirms that we have reefs at Tuna and Mako and Wahoo. Mako and Wahoo may merge into one field. If we throw in the two that I think may be reefs, Yellow Fin and Great White, then we could have as many as twelve “possible” reef prospects.

Now, what do I really think? I believe there are many more than twelve but we have just not heard any hints about them. Where should we expect to find more reefs? In the areas where we have already found reefs. So I think all of the prospects around Antelope and Triceratops would be good candidates. Many of these prospects are the same limestone as Antelope and are just across a fault from a known reef. In addition to Mule Deer that might include names such as Deer, White Tail, Raptor/Duckbill and Grizzly. If you look at http://www.interoil.com/presentation/201...inal-1.pdf chart 21 (magnify it to 300%) and look at the trend from Triceratops to Zebra I would not mind throwing in Pteranodon Northwest of Triceratops and Razorback, North and Razorback, South as possible reef candidates.

I think all of the prospects right along the coast in PPL236 could be reef candidates. I am not so sure about Barracuda since it is so large. I would like to hear what IOC thinks is there but I have not heard any hint about that.

I would not be surprised if we hear the “reef” word mentioned in the drilling of Elk-3. You can see the location Elk-3 at http://www.interoil.com/presentation/201...inal-1.pdf chart 16. This is right in the middle of the Elk Field and up dip from the dry hole at Elk-2. Now compare that to http://www.interoil.com/presentation/200..._final.pdf chart 10. There is no doubt that we will make a gas well at Elk-3. Will we have all fractured limestone or will we have some reef and/or dolomite. It looks to be a couple of thousand feet (maybe more) higher than Elk-2.

Very, very interesting Pet. If even Elk might contain some dolomite after all..

It's hard to wait for all this to settle and get more rigs to drill these prospects, which could produce a veritable bonanza even if only a few pan out to contain reefs. It's likely that there will be more deals like the one they closed with Pacific Rubiales.

Sometimes I hear people argue that the stock price will rise on the deal news but then fall back because monetization is years away, but they forget the tremendous potential upside in exploration and the fund IOC is likely to get to accelerate that significantly.

Exciting times indeed.

One of the most fun parts of following IOC is your drilling updates and comments. Thanks for that.

(06-29-2012, 11:20 AM)petrengr1 Wrote: The counting of the “reef” prospects is precarious as best. Most of this is based on a few charts from presentations and verbal comments on conference calls where it is mentioned that certain areas or prospects were “prospective for possible reefs”. We now know we have reefs at Antelope and Triceratops. (Triceratops replaced three other reefal prospects, Bwata, Bwata East, and Bwata West.) So let’s not count these know reefs.

How many more might we have? From the old list that leaves us with hints about Seismosaurus, Mule Deer, Big Horn, Cougar, Wolverine, Zebra, Tuna, Mackerel, Mako, and Wahoo. That gives us ten un-drilled “possible” reef prospects. We now have a lot of seismic that more or less confirms that we have reefs at Tuna and Mako and Wahoo. Mako and Wahoo may merge into one field. If we throw in the two that I think may be reefs, Yellow Fin and Great White, then we could have as many as twelve “possible” reef prospects.

Now, what do I really think? I believe there are many more than twelve but we have just not heard any hints about them. Where should we expect to find more reefs? In the areas where we have already found reefs. So I think all of the prospects around Antelope and Triceratops would be good candidates. Many of these prospects are the same limestone as Antelope and are just across a fault from a known reef. In addition to Mule Deer that might include names such as Deer, White Tail, Raptor/Duckbill and Grizzly. If you look at http://www.interoil.com/presentation/201...inal-1.pdf chart 21 (magnify it to 300%) and look at the trend from Triceratops to Zebra I would not mind throwing in Pteranodon Northwest of Triceratops and Razorback, North and Razorback, South as possible reef candidates.

I think all of the prospects right along the coast in PPL236 could be reef candidates. I am not so sure about Barracuda since it is so large. I would like to hear what IOC thinks is there but I have not heard any hint about that.

I would not be surprised if we hear the “reef” word mentioned in the drilling of Elk-3. You can see the location Elk-3 at http://www.interoil.com/presentation/201...inal-1.pdf chart 16. This is right in the middle of the Elk Field and up dip from the dry hole at Elk-2. Now compare that to http://www.interoil.com/presentation/200..._final.pdf chart 10. There is no doubt that we will make a gas well at Elk-3. Will we have all fractured limestone or will we have some reef and/or dolomite. It looks to be a couple of thousand feet (maybe more) higher than Elk-2.

Thanks Pet for this work up. These quotes in particular are likely to be proven correct IMO. Have you ever sized up others' license areas like OSH or TLM for quality of their prospects?

"Now, what do I really think? I believe there are many more than twelve but we have just not heard any hints about them."

"I think all of the prospects right along the coast in PPL236 could be reef candidates."

Reefs along the coast of PPL236 could well mean very short pipes to mega plants in napanapa someday. I'm as excited about 236 as Dave Holland is.

Pet 1 - Good day to you ! As i was reviewing some of your past ,fine work I saw on your 6-29-12 post that you believed we would be about 2000 ft. higher in the Elk 3 than we were in the Elk 2 when we encounter the top of the reef . ( If I'm reading your comments correctly ) .Will that give us a good chance of more dolomite in the upper strata ? ( In your opinion ) Also, someone mentioned the possibility of going deeper to the Mendi and the Puri. Is one of these a sandstone and the other a limestone ?  I know they are much deeper, but this second rig should be able to manage the depth. TIA .

I suppose you mean Antelope 3, sageo?

'sageo' pid='12354' datel Wrote:

Pet 1 - Good day to you ! As i was reviewing some of your past ,fine work I saw on your 6-29-12 post that you believed we would be about 2000 ft. higher in the Elk 3 than we were in the Elk 2 when we encounter the top of the reef . ( If I'm reading your comments correctly ) .Will that give us a good chance of more dolomite in the upper strata ? ( In your opinion ) Also, someone mentioned the possibility of going deeper to the Mendi and the Puri. Is one of these a sandstone and the other a limestone ?  I know they are much deeper, but this second rig should be able to manage the depth. TIA .

Sageo- Yes, we will be drilling both the Puri and Mendi at Elk-3. They are both Limestones. The Mendi (Lower) limestone had the better porosity in Elk-2 but it was below the gas/water contact. They expect some of this better matrix porosity to be above the gas/water contact in Elk-3. Don't get too excited, I don't think the porosity is all that great (maybe 5-7%) but it will be better than fracture porosity only.

I don't think they are expecting to see any reef, so if that shows up it will be a pleasant surprise.

The lower sandstones, if present, are the Pale and Subu. I do not think they will drill deep enough to explore for and/or test these sandstones at Elk-3 since this is supposed to be a development well for the Elk Field. I expect them to stop drilling at about the gas/water contact in the Mendi which is at about -2250 meters sub sea.

'admin' pid='12356' datel Wrote:I suppose you mean Antelope 3, sageo?
      Admin - Am hoping Ant 3 will be a superb well, but I was referring to Elk 3 ! Have a good day.

Ah, ok, no problemo. The reference to "the top of the reef" is what made me consider that, sorry.