Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nautilus Minerals Provides Update

'Seanncn' pid='73080' datel Wrote:

I would rather they dilute the shares again.  Would that be even possible? Because in the future we can have share buy backs later. This technology will work we just have to cross the finish line.

The share offering did not go very well.  I think there were 400 million shares and they ony raised $28 million instead of $40 million if share was pledged.  I also suspect there were some oversubscriptions so people did not show interest.

Playing amateur investment banker, they could state that the largerst shareholder will have the option of oversubscibing to the remainer of the offering if a future share offering is not 100% subscribed to.  They could offer prefered shares of convertible bonds instead of common shares rather than take out a loan.

Playing back seat driver, they could just put everything on hold.  Wet test the machinery and hope that peeks interest.  Or if the support vessel is actually being built, test the existing machinery in PNG and if it actually does anything that might be enough to secure a commercial loan or float more shares.

'maui4marko' pid='72914' datel Wrote:

'observer' pid='72900' datel Wrote:

Not even MauiMarko is recommending to buy or contradicting me at this point.

Standard hurdles for any junior minor not yet in production.  I've long recommended that only speculative money be put into Nautilus, and that recommendation remains in place.  For those with iron stomachs, one has to buy when there is "blood in the streets".  I think this time period qualifies.

This situation is not new to Nautilus, anyone who was invested when the company put everything on hold after the prior ship builder went belly up can relate.  At least this time there is light at the end of the tunnel with potential for a bridge loan to carry them through.  With precious metals prices now through the long multi-year bear, there is a lot of room above for prices to rise.

Observer and others, if you are worried sick about your investment here, then you are likely not in an appropriate company and/or have too much invested.  You should be willing to lose your entire investment, which means it should only represent a small portion of your overall portfolio.

While I haven't yet put additional funds to work in this position, I'm continually reviewing my portfolio and will continue to do so.  My Nautilus allocation is currently about 3% of my total portfolio, so clearly I have room to invest more if I choose to.  Keep in mind however if Nautilus makes it through this hurdle, there are still more to overcome before they get to production.

Fair enough, but even for a speculative investment, returns have been lousy except maybe for daytraders.

I am no longer invested in Nautilus, as IMHO there are numerous interesting alternatives in the PM and commodity space. Whilst I keep an eye on Nautilus, I must say I don't see any reaons at all to burn my fingers again.

What I find most concerning that there are no news whatsoever on the status of the production support vessel, the keel laying etc.

'observer' pid='73237' datel Wrote:

Fair enough, but even for a speculative investment, returns have been lousy except maybe for daytraders.

No returns are expected until after first ore.

'KingKongFong' pid='72989' datel Wrote:

I have undisclosable reasons to remain causiously optimisic.

Another 16% down (only a penny and a half but at $.09 that hurts).  Are we going to $.00 before we hear any good news?  KKF - wish you could disclose.

Scampoco

bridge financing to what...

- they have an investor and need more time (nice)

- to seek a new investor (ugly)

bridge financing about what volume?

depending on the expected 100 million (real ~28 million) from last "dilution-time" and the still "free to offer" 15% of Solwara 1 (~120 million) - the bridge could be around ~80 million worth - 225-240 million all together to go into production