Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are countries laying claim to the deep-sea floor?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-40248866

Sort of odd that Nautilus gets top tier media coverage but no interest in the stock, not even from punters.

'GGGGG' pid='80554' datel Wrote:Sort of odd that Nautilus gets top tier media coverage but no interest in the stock, not even from punters.

Not really that odd, given the miniscule price per share and the two relatively obscure exchanges listing the stock.  At some point, we will have to face up to the necessity of a reverse split.  Although I hate the thought, I think it might benefit shareholders in this case.  However, the major shareholders/investors currently have no incentive to advance the PPS.

Whoa SMAC. I'm Canadian and this company is a Canadian company listed on our country's largest exchange the Toronto Stock Exchange, the TSX. It was founded in 1852. It is mostly comprised of the largest mineral, mining, hardwood, softwood, pulp and paper, and oil industries in the world. After the break up of the U.S.S.R. we were the largest country in the world until they annexed another couple countries. Bigger than the USA. Yes, NUS.TO shares became available to USA traders via the OTC "market". Realize that the TSX is a world regarded exchange versus the American OTC "market". It was a nice platitude that the NASDAQ included us recently because the NASDAQ exchange has always had a dedication to forward thinking companies (tech), but we didn't need it. The TSX is a world exchange. Calling it "relatively obscure" is pretty ignorant America talk these days unless you are banging your "god given right to point your gun at your fellow human" ideals in a board that consists of fellow intellects trying to piece together the path this company might actually take towards successfully creating the SBM industry. Go easy my American border brother. That Trump you've got in right now isn't going to sour my friendships with all my amazing American friends that I have the privilege of knowing no matter how hard he tries. There has *never* been an issue with our alliance until Trump and he will be out in 3 years and then we will be back to our kind relationship that has lasted for centuries. You and I have been with this company with the same mind set for a very long time now don't give up hope. If Mike can pull a deal out of this financing sh*t like he did with the PNG arbitration kerfuffle... I think they are doing it right now. Like before, totally in the dark for three months then... Bang, resolved in our favor. IMO, there is no way metallo and MB would continue to fund us quarterly unless they knew that the outcome would be risk positive. Therefore, I am going to stay the course because even though I think I am a smart guy, I think that they are smarter in this circumstance due to their proximity to this investment.
I welcome a reverse split at the correct timing. The company currently has way too much paper. Timed correctly it will merely be an accounting/book issue and won't interrupt the momentum of the stock either at financing or at first ore. If they tried to do it out of a PPS growth position it would be a really stupid decision that they wouldn't make. There is no incitement to attract new investors by doing a reverse split "just because we have too much paper" with a 'we are in limbo news-wise.' transition phase which we are currently looking at. From my understanding of the company news announcements they have, at best, 35 days to tell us they have financing, they are revising their deadline for a financing announcement, or they will state that the company will have to start an insolvency proceeding. So, instead of the usual nothing, they are corporately responsible to tell us what's happening soon. It's going to be good and it's going to be soon. 'Just being able to keep going' is going to be good, everything else will be butter.

To be fair, he did say "relatively" obscure and I don't think he was making a political statement. For what it's worth, the TSX is the 9th largest exchange in the world (not obscure as it is 1 of 16 in the world above $1T in market cap) but relatively obscure as it is almost exactly 1/10th the size of the NYSE.

Ultimately the price scares a lot of investors away. If I was holding a reputable fund and noticed they had picked up a few million shares of a $.17 stock, I would be ticked. Consider this a blessing; if you really believe in the company then you have been provided ample time to load up over the course of several years now and have no excuse for not amassing your target holding on this stock. A reverse split would be compelling to me, but until this company actually has revenue, no legitimate fund manager/investor will be buying it.

Having said all that, I'm still a buyer as I have been for over 5 years now and will either rise with the tide or sink with the ship. If I were older, I think I have would have a different tune but I'm still young and taking homerun chances on a few companies that I find compelling and capable of bringing in 100's to possibly 1000's of percent returns.

" IMO, there is no way metallo and MB would continue to fund us quarterly unless they knew that the outcome would be risk positive. "

Monk, think you're spot on there (and, really, in other parts of your post, too, though you might want to exhale now that you've gotten that off your chest) wink ...

You gotta figure that right now, both Metallovest (Alisher Usmanov, net worth $15B) and MB (Dr. Mohammed Al Barwani, $1B +) each have more sunk in their percentage of NUS than the whole thing is worth. Seems to me their best hope for recouping their investment is to keep the company afloat (no pun intended) for another 18 months until it either succeeds wildly or doesn't. Like Monk said, their calculus must be decidedly in favor of it succeeding.

One of the key black swans out there might be the political situation in PNG. I've never been able to quite figure out if it is just a constant hum of background noise or the distant rumble a looming tsunami of resistance that could wash over the company and its plans.

I suppose the outcome of the elections that are under way now might offer some hints.

Lets keep politics out of this forum, please.

Thanks.

Dunno if you were directing your post to me or someone else ... But let me suggest that it's not possible to invest in NUS eyes-wide-open unless you're paying attention to the situation on the ground where the company will operate -- and a lot of that is keeping up with the political and societal circumstances.

Now, should we obsess over or give disproportionate importance to every little thing that some most-likely aggrieved or marginalized political figure spouts off? Of course not. But smug dismissiveness can be a dangerous strategy.

Unrelated to PNG or NUS (well not totally, but ...), I fear (strongly suspect, even) that we here in the U.S. may be in the early stages of learning about the profound economic consequences of turning our politics over to rule by the petulant and populist.

'cmilteer3' pid='80595' datel Wrote:Dunno if you were directing your post to me or someone else ... But let me suggest that it's not possible to invest in NUS eyes-wide-open unless you're paying attention to the situation on the ground where the company will operate -- and a lot of that is keeping up with the political and societal circumstances. Now, should we obsess over or give disproportionate importance to every little thing that some most-likely aggrieved or marginalized political figure spouts off? Of course not. But smug dismissiveness can be a dangerous strategy. Unrelated to PNG or NUS (well not totally, but ...), I fear (strongly suspect, even) that we here in the U.S. may be in the early stages of learning about the profound economic consequences of turning our politics over to rule by the petulant and populist.

Dear cmilteer3,

It was not against you or purposly against anyone in particular. I agree with you - please take due notice of your political surroundings.

But what I am talking about (and I urge you not to take it as an offense) is to hold your frustration and not to talk about politics here - who is a good or bad president. We are here to discus and talk about Nautilus, right?

Thanks a lot and I appreciate y'alls cooperation.

Cheers!