Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
There's is more to it than just hope
07-19-2018, 01:07 PM
There's is more to it than just hope

Out of respect for Michael Joyner I am not enclosing the embodiment of my questioning and statements that brought on this response. It came from my hard questioning in regards to shareholders relations. Nautilus investor relations do not have easy times these days. In retrospect in the mining industry 350 million is a sum but is nothing compared to the value of this technology being successful to mining the oceans floors without significant impact to the ocean ecosystems, which of course remains to be seen.

China could drop 350 million in a heartbeat. They would have direct access to intellectual properties by having control of the ship. This could be how China gets to the forefront of mining the oceans, which is where they want to be. We all believe that the technology will be successful. With the amount of money that is used and controlled by venture capitalists it is hard to believe that this financing issue isn’t a done deal yet.

Below is Michael’s response, management working hard behind the scenes.

Dated 7/11/2018 6:17 AM

Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for your email and your continued support. Major financings in the mining sector today are not as common and potentially straightforward as they were a few years ago, but deals are getting done. We remain committed to the project and are working diligently toward securing financing moving forward. This may be done in any number of ways from vendor financing, streaming, convertible debt, strategic partner, equity to name just a few. Nothing is off the table at this stage.

We feel we have considerably de-risked the project over the years. Having completed wet testing on the seafloor production tools last year and with the production support vessel nearing 80% completion we are in a solid position in terms of the build. Our largest shareholders continue to be very supportive, allowing us access to $34M as we continue to move the project forward. They would welcome new partners/shareholders and continue to assist in that regard.

Regards,

Michael Joyner

Investor Relations Executive

Nautilus Minerals

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2018, 10:46 PM
RE: There's is more to it than just hope
Nice email
07-20-2018, 04:25 AM

Thanks for sharing.

07-21-2018, 11:50 PM
"China could drop 350 million in a heartbeat."

No mention of NUS, but there is mention of Chinese spending $$$ on 'bleeding edge' civil engineering projects.

First Hyperloop 'vacuum train' planned for Chinese province as state-run firm invests $1 BILLION to build high-speed 'traffic tubes' for cars

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...China.html
07-23-2018, 12:04 PM

'Bille2271' pid='82166' datel Wrote:

Out of respect for Michael Joyner I am not enclosing the embodiment of my questioning and statements that brought on this response. It came from my hard questioning in regards to shareholders relations. Nautilus investor relations do not have easy times these days. In retrospect in the mining industry 350 million is a sum but is nothing compared to the value of this technology being successful to mining the oceans floors without significant impact to the ocean ecosystems, which of course remains to be seen.

China could drop 350 million in a heartbeat. They would have direct access to intellectual properties by having control of the ship. This could be how China gets to the forefront of mining the oceans, which is where they want to be. We all believe that the technology will be successful. With the amount of money that is used and controlled by venture capitalists it is hard to believe that this financing issue isn’t a done deal yet.

Below is Michael’s response, management working hard behind the scenes.

Dated 7/11/2018 6:17 AM

Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for your email and your continued support. Major financings in the mining sector today are not as common and potentially straightforward as they were a few years ago, but deals are getting done. We remain committed to the project and are working diligently toward securing financing moving forward. This may be done in any number of ways from vendor financing, streaming, convertible debt, strategic partner, equity to name just a few. Nothing is off the table at this stage.

We feel we have considerably de-risked the project over the years. Having completed wet testing on the seafloor production tools last year and with the production support vessel nearing 80% completion we are in a solid position in terms of the build. Our largest shareholders continue to be very supportive, allowing us access to $34M as we continue to move the project forward. They would welcome new partners/shareholders and continue to assist in that regard.

Regards,

Michael Joyner

Investor Relations Executive

Nautilus Minerals

I agree that it seems NUS has "de-risked" much, but I guess if miners can't see a hole in ground it's too risky.   Also I cannot believe MB and Metallo would let the ship be sold to others.

07-24-2018, 06:05 AM
"Also I cannot believe MB and Metallo would let the ship be sold to others."

It's all become a blur but if I remember right Nautilus is leasing the ship, although much of the equipment is Nautilus property. MAC was needed to design the ship and Mawei to build it. So no matter what happens the ship is leased to NUS and much of the ship's machinery is Nautilus property too.

As to MAC, If I had to guess the problem is operating the ship will be like $200k a day and MAC wants assurances about that before they put up more of their money. The current decline in the price of copper and increases in fuel prices might also concern them.
08-07-2018, 12:37 PM

I try to keep an ongoing dialog with Nautilus. Michael Joyner has graciuosly continued to respond to my questions. Again I am not going to enclose my questions or statements. But here is another responce form inverstor relations

8/03/2018 11:40 AM

Hi Bill, Work remains ongoing, both on the vessel and potential financing. As soon as we have more concrete details regarding the financing we will definitely let the market know. A more robust marketing plan is in the works once financing is secured.

Regards,

Michael Joyner

Nautilus Minerals

08-07-2018, 04:42 PM
Thank you very much for posting your exchange Bille2271.

It is most certainly good to hear that the work on the ship is still progressing.
08-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Looking at Zulu Island on Google Maps, I can see the ship along the dock. Probably minor work going on while this default gets sorted out.
08-09-2018, 10:32 PM
from another guy from another board

behind the scenes
I have heard that even thou the contract is defaulted and the ship is out of the production slip and owes 18 million on the build contract that the ship has many work crews on it presently finishing the work needed to bring the ship to readiness for sea trials. If this is true then much behind the scenes maneuvering is happening and a news release stating construction is ongoing should be pertinent material all investors have a right to know.

Info from nus office verbally but I have no physical proof or personal site visit to verify

should be correct... see also answer from M. Joyner - posting, however, before Mike was kicked out (24. of July)