Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Economist article today
Hi folks. I'm Hal, the Economist journalist who wrote the piece. I'm reviving this old thread in case any one wants to get in touch with me. halhodson@economist.com. Happy to talk to any of you about where and how I got my info for the piece

Hello Hal,
absolutely amazing - I (we) would be very happy to get a brief overview of the genesis of the article - feel free to enlighten us - our further questions will follow quickly ;-)

you have to admit - the whole story is very mysterious

sbm

my gut feeling is telling me they want people to sell shares to buy cheap .......

Hal just spill the beans,asking us if we want to know blah blah ,just do it. Tell us all hear now, instead of us running after you like flies .like a kids game

Hal, What about the ship?

OK, I will give a brief overview here. Please email if you want to ask specific questions. The main thing I wanted to address is how I got in touch with Kulpreet Sahni. That was through ex-Nautilus executives, who gave him my number. I had heard through the summer from multiple sources in the DSM world that Nautilus had lost its ship. It was the process of confirming those rumours led me to Kulpreet.

As for the ship, my understanding is that MDL now has the same level of control over it that MAC used to, but no business relationship with Nautilus. Nautilus refuses to acknowledge this. I've just heard, for instance, that the shipyard has confirmed MDL's possession of the ship to the PNG government. All I can think is that Nautilus thinks it can get a lease on the ship from MDL. I suppose that's possible, but I think it's quite unlikely given N's current financial state. Why on Earth would MDL agree to lease an asset to a company with no cash flow and a few hundred k in the bank?

I am curious to know more about how Nautilus has been communicating with its minority shareholders. If any one is willing to talk to me about this, please do email me - halhodson@economist.com

'halhodson' pid='82691' datel Wrote:OK, I will give a brief overview here. Please email if you want to ask specific questions. The main thing I wanted to address is how I got in touch with Kulpreet Sahni. That was through ex-Nautilus executives, who gave him my number. I had heard through the summer from multiple sources in the DSM world that Nautilus had lost its ship. It was the process of confirming those rumours led me to Kulpreet. As for the ship, my understanding is that MDL now has the same level of control over it that MAC used to, but no business relationship with Nautilus. Nautilus refuses to acknowledge this. I've just heard, for instance, that the shipyard has confirmed MDL's possession of the ship to the PNG government. All I can think is that Nautilus thinks it can get a lease on the ship from MDL. I suppose that's possible, but I think it's quite unlikely given N's current financial state. Why on Earth would MDL agree to lease an asset to a company with no cash flow and a few hundred k in the bank? I am curious to know more about how Nautilus has been communicating with its minority shareholders. If any one is willing to talk to me about this, please do email me - halhodson@economist.com

Do you have a financial interest in Nautilus? Do you intend to "short" the stock? Sounds like it.

'smac' pid='82692' datel Wrote:

Do you have a financial interest in Nautilus? Do you intend to "short" the stock? Sounds like it.

No, of course not. That would get me fired

'halhodson' pid='82691' datel Wrote:OK, I will give a brief overview here. Please email if you want to ask specific questions. The main thing I wanted to address is how I got in touch with Kulpreet Sahni. That was through ex-Nautilus executives, who gave him my number. I had heard through the summer from multiple sources in the DSM world that Nautilus had lost its ship. It was the process of confirming those rumours led me to Kulpreet. As for the ship, my understanding is that MDL now has the same level of control over it that MAC used to, but no business relationship with Nautilus. Nautilus refuses to acknowledge this. I've just heard, for instance, that the shipyard has confirmed MDL's possession of the ship to the PNG government. All I can think is that Nautilus thinks it can get a lease on the ship from MDL. I suppose that's possible, but I think it's quite unlikely given N's current financial state. Why on Earth would MDL agree to lease an asset to a company with no cash flow and a few hundred k in the bank? I am curious to know more about how Nautilus has been communicating with its minority shareholders. If any one is willing to talk to me about this, please do email me - halhodson@economist.com

So the shipyard you heard confirmed that MDL has a possession over the ship.

Any link to that? Official I mean. (since they confirmed). I searched in Chinese on Google and I did not see anything, but of course it is usually my fault that don't know how to use them tools.

I do not mind believing you but it all sounds like a hearsay a bit. A gossip. Someone heard something and now repeats it (or repeats it as he heard it)...

Again - i do not mind believing you. As smac said - it sounds fishy.

And now being here, what do you want to achieve? By telling us all that with half mouth open...

Is it a secret? If it is not and you are sure about it - well then - you are on staff at the Economist - go publish it. Why here and why now? You see - you have the contacts, you are right, just lay it all down.

Yes, Nautilus can be lying to us, but you also cold easily do the same.

I am not blindly believing anyone. So go ahead. Tell us more? Or are you "observer"? Got any bitcoins, eh?

if its a secret ,then why tell us?