Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Economist article today

https://www.economist.com/business/2018/12/05/a-high-profile-deep-sea-mining-company-is-struggling

I would like the CEO’s response to this.

Article is bad but the stock price seems to be holding at 9 cents Canadian.

mysterious - what ist true, what is wrong?

On December 2nd Nautilus stated that it was “in negotiations with various parties” about ownership of the vessel; its shares surged in response. But Mr Sahni says his firm terminated negotiations about Nautilus’s continued use of the ship months ago. On December 3rd Mr Sahni wrote to Nautilus’s boss, John McCoach, warning that the firm’s statement was detrimental to MDL Energy, and to Nautilus’s own minority investors, and that it might contact the Toronto Stock Exchange or take legal steps if the matter was not clarified. (In an emailed statement to The Economist, Mr McCoach declined to comment on the specifics of this story but said that some of it was “not accurate from our perspective”.)

Why should Sahni write to McCoach? If he owns the vessel, he must not care what Nautilus says. And why are they are only talking to the "Economist"???

I have sent an email to Nautilus with this thread copied into it. I ask them to please verify what the correct story is.

Is the ship gone or not???

Lets see if they respond.

What on earth is going on here?????

The timing and wording of the article sounds like an orchestrated ambush to me.

Basically The Economist is calling NUS liars.

On MDLs website (which does not exactly impress) it says, "The contract was originally signed in Shanghai on 26th July 2018 and became effective on 3rd September 2018", yet it was only posted on November 27. Why wait close to 3 month before releasing it on your website, aside from the fact that there was no news release of the contract signing in July also. It all smells a bit fishy to me.

My gut feeling tells me that MDL claims it owns the ship, but maybe that is just their perspective. What are the details of that contract? Maybe they did did not yet pay the shipyard? Maybe the shipyard still wants to go with Nautilus instead (better deal?) and MDL is making noise because they are worried of losing the ship.

Question upon question....

NUS, STEP UP AND CLARIFY!

I have a lot of money invested with you since years now and I'm tired of your utterly incompetent public relations and these idiotic "He said -she said Kindergarten" games.

So what I did today was to ask a favor from my very well connected Indian business contact to check on MDL and they got back to me after a while and told me that it's quote: "a fly-by-night company with a very shady guy behind it.", so exactly what my suspicion was in the first place.

How the Economist can write such a wishy-washy article without actually fact checking everything is not only questionable, but also extremely reckless. So I say it again, this looks like an orchestrated attack on NUS and it's share price.

NUS has an obligation to it's shareholders to fight back and call out the bullshit!

You are the hero of the day steelrat!!! Completely agree!!!

I had the impression that someone (the indian guy? someone else?) has requested a favor from the author (btw. no author is mentioned) of the article: with the aim of leaving nautilus in a bad light. As you can see... it is already seething in the rumor mill.

Only Nautilus alone can explain everything, but we should not expect too much. Including no answer to the emailed questions. However, it is almost impossible to knock off all heads from the hydra. Just like constantly responding to all mails from concerned small investors like us... ;-)

'seabedmining' pid='82572' dateline='<a href="tel:1544087 Wrote:You are the hero of the day steelrat!!! Completely agree!!! I had the impression that someone (the indian guy? someone else?) has requested a favor from the author (btw. no author is mentioned) of the article: with the aim of leaving nautilus in a bad light. As you can see... it is already seething in the rumor mill. Only Nautilus alone can explain everything, but we should not expect too much. Including no answer to the emailed questions. However, it is almost impossible to knock off all heads from the hydra. Just like constantly responding to all mails from concerned small investors like us... ;-)

Well whats stopping McCoach from issuing any clarification at all? If he is right, he should sue them for defamation. I think the next week will prove things one way or another.

Clarification on which (theater) stage?

But yes, there should be soon coming something to clear the fog