Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHU what’s the deal?
SHU,
 I do find it a little sketchy that you told us here yesterday that you just reduced your position and the very next day get a bearish article published by SA.  That article would have taken approximately a week to write and get approved by them for release.

(04-11-2019, 10:53 PM)Mrebs Wrote: SHU,
 I do find it a little sketchy that you told us here yesterday that you just reduced your position and the very next day get a bearish article published by SA.  That article would have taken approximately a week to write and get approved by them for release.

But I wrote parts of that article here already before on the forum, in fact you could almost see my doubts emerge in real-time, much of them prompted by that oil & gas investor article. I wrote the SA article yesterday morning, submitted it by 14h and it really doesn't take a week to write. I only wrote it because I have 11,000 followers on SA and many would not have been aware of my somewhat changing of my opinion here as they don't read this forum or are not even aware that it exists.

I'm also not sure the SA article is that bearish. I still have half my position, I still believe they're going to grow revenues. 

But I can't ignore that whatever evidence is out there on their backlog, the weight of that evidence says that it's very likely to be inflated. I can't close my eyes to that and feel a responsibility to tell people because they might have gotten into the stock because of my earlier articles.

To author of recent SHU article: Did you ask TEUM mgmt for their response to the contents of your article before publishing the article? If not, why not? Wouldn't that be the fair and responsible thing to do?

(04-12-2019, 12:01 AM)philipcarl3 Wrote: To author of recent SHU article: Did you ask TEUM mgmt for their response to the contents of your article before publishing the article? If not, why not? Wouldn't that be the fair and responsible thing to do?

No I didn't, I never do as it happens. I wrote to their IR firm a couple of months ago and they never got back to me. I also don't see how they can settle this issue, apart from keep growing their revenues, which is still what I expect them to do, as I even argue in the latest article.

(04-12-2019, 12:10 AM)admin Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 12:01 AM)philipcarl3 Wrote: To author of recent SHU article: Did you ask TEUM mgmt for their response to the contents of your article before publishing the article? If not, why not? Wouldn't that be the fair and responsible thing to do?

No I didn't, I never do as it happens. I wrote to their IR firm a couple of months ago and they never got back to me. I also don't see how they can settle this issue, apart from keep growing their revenues, which is still what I expect them to do, as I even argue in the latest article.

No, what you did was help fuel shorts and create doubt in the mkt even though TEUM has been meeting and exceeding there #s Q after Q. All speculative.  Not good to create fear.  Let the fundamentals work itself..

(04-12-2019, 12:36 AM)TurboTime Wrote:

No, what you did was help fuel shorts and create doubt in the mkt even though TEUM has been meeting and exceeding there #s Q after Q. All speculative.  Not good to create fear.  Let the fundamentals work itself..

If you believe in the fundamentals this is good for you, load the boat and watch the shorts cover after Q1.

Ever notice that many authors of articles about companies (and people) contact those companies and people and give them an opportunity to respond?  Especially about controversial issues?  Those authors know that giving the subject an opportunity to respond provides a more balanced article which serves the readers (Those are the 'customers' of the article, right?).  If they choose not to respond, so be it.  At least there was an attempt and the author notes that in the article. It's journalism 101. You did not bother to do that.  You know you were negligent in failing to do that, yet you still refuse to acknowledge it.  Get it right next time, huh?

• I wrote to IR previously, they didn't respond
  • What can they actually say? "we stand by our backlog numbers but lowered our prospective conversion rate" something like that. They already said that. They're not suddenly going to publicize all of their contract wins with the details.
  • The lower revenue guidance (from $144M in the iPass acquisition presentation last November to $105M-$115M in the Q4CC) is in itself an admission of some sort that they're not going to convert all of their backlog, as is their disclaimer. 
  • Feel free to ask management yourself and publish the result here, no problem.

(04-12-2019, 12:36 AM)TurboTime Wrote: No, what you did was help fuel shorts and create doubt in the mkt even though TEUM has been meeting and exceeding there #s Q after Q. All speculative.  Not good to create fear.  Let the fundamentals work itself..
  • I didn't "create" anything, I wrote an substantiated opinion. 
  • I concur that they have been exceeding their revenue numbers and even said I expect them to do continue to do that.
  • I do argue that I'm uncomfortable with their backlog numbers and gave ample evidence of that. None of it is actually new (although some of it was to me), but my question to you would be why you aren't uncomfortable with that.

(04-12-2019, 01:51 AM)admin Wrote:
  • I wrote to IR previously, they didn't respond
  • What can they actually say? "we stand by our backlog numbers but lowered our prospective conversion rate" something like that. They already said that. They're not suddenly going to publicize all of their contract wins with the details.
  • The lower revenue guidance (from $144M in the iPass acquisition presentation last November to $105M-$115M in the Q4CC) is in itself an admission of some sort that they're not going to convert all of their backlog, as is their disclaimer. 
  • Feel free to ask management yourself and publish the result here, no problem.

1) Did you write them this time, with a copy of the article and ask for their response?  Just because they didn't have a response to some other article awhile ago doesn't mean 100% that they won't have a response this time.  That is poor journalism to assume that just because a subject has no comment one time that they will respond that way every time. So what if they did have no comment?  Just calling them up and sending an email would allow you to put this statement in the article  "  We contacted Pareteum IR with the content of this article to ask for their response yesterday.  As of press time today, they have not yet responded".  What is the harm?  It shows you at least attempted to hear their side of it. 

2) You don't know what they might say.  That's the beauty of asking them to get their side of it.  Don't assume you know they have nothing to say.  That's rookie journalism.  maybe they have someone new in IR that does have something to say or will get mgmt.'s response?  Maybe the subject matter has something that they feel strongly about disputing and this time they will respond?  YOU DON'T KNOW.  JUST ASK.  To ignore this basic journalism exercise shows your lack of experience.

3) Give them the opportunity to state their side.  Doesn't hurt to ask.  Not sure why you are not just admitting your mistake and learn from it.  Seems childish.

4) The right time to give a balanced report is at the time of the original report.  Not days later by someone else.  To think your response is logical shows your lack of experience and petulant attitude.