Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Action Advice from Experience
I sold my NUSMF shares years ago, but I wanted to contribute this bit of advice, since I was in the same boat with SunEdison.  

1. The SUNE class action lawsuit took 3 years, but we are finally going to get a recovery, so don't give up. 

2. DO NOT ask your brokerage to buy your $0.00 shares to clean up your portfolio. NUSMF will probably be listed in your brokerage account, for years, as a long ID number in place of NUSMF, your share count, and $0.00 for the price per share. I naively asked my broker to clean it up and he warned me not to do it because I might lose my rights to a future settlement. 

3. I had to print proof of every single share purchase and sale and mail that in with the lawsuit paperwork, so you might as well get that done and ready in case it's needed.

Thank you very much for the advice & information, Lorcan. We certainly can benefit from it. I looked into the firm that handled that class action, basically just googled SunEdison class action and found it right away. The firm is BLB&G. They sound like a firm that is very experienced and would be very qualified to handle our case. I say we contact them and get this moving.

Hi Galaxy
Can you give them a call - the firms usually give a 30 minutes to an hour for you to present your case. For a class action, it usually paided on contingency - which means they take a percentage of any recovery. As KingKongFong mentioned, he has the names , share holdings and email addresses of some of the minority shareholders and I am sure as a class action gains momentum that every minority shareholder will jump on board.

Keep us posted

If Monk is still around and up to it, I would recommend him.  From what he has posted it appears he has the best memory of all the sorted details with this fiasco.

I'm keen to be in I'm in australia

Kong's letter sets it out pretty clearly. The attorneys will read the content and proceed from there with discovery. I think it's a pretty clear case and MB+Mettallo probably already factored in a class action cost into their overall strategy.

I have just sent a request to BLB&G with some basic info about Nautilus and the DSFM scam. If I hear back that they are interested, I will post.

Keller - thanks for emailing BLB&G and for your confidence in me to call them. I agree with those above though, we need someone with a better grasp on the situation than me. I know what they (DSMF) did per say but I just joined the forum in February and although I've owned shares for years I only started following events recently. LongNautilus is probably right in that Kong's letter gives a good base & consolidated events. It may be enough to peak the interest of someone at BLB&G. I also agree that DSMF has probably already firgured they will get sued and factored that into their overall strategy. They'll still come out ahead but they will end up having to pay out a big settlement if this class action goes forward and we follow it through. Let's all hope for the best. Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

(08-14-2019, 09:02 AM)Treasure Galaxy Wrote: Keller - thanks for emailing BLB&G and for your confidence in me to call them. I agree with those above though, we need someone with a better grasp on the situation than me. I know what they (DSMF) did per say but I just joined the forum in February and although I've owned shares for years I only started following events recently. LongNautilus is probably right in that Kong's letter gives a good base & consolidated events. It may be enough to peak the interest of someone at BLB&G. I also agree that DSMF has probably already firgured they will get sued and factored that into their overall strategy. They'll still come out ahead but they will end up having to pay out a big settlement if this class action goes forward and we follow it through. Let's all hope for the best. Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

We have nothing more to loose at this point. One other point that I came across is that when DSMF was setup as a non-arms length transaction, it was done using a section of the canadian securities articles MI 61-101 (protection of minority shareholders). I am going to call the CSA tomorrow and talk over the Nautilus events and see if this will peak their interest in chasing the scum bags.

Thanks everyone, I'm in all the way.