Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like a bad poker hand
Like a bad poker hand you eventually show your cards on the table when called. It's embarrassing but it is what it is. I never in my mind figured that this would end this way. I had and still do believe that the technology will prevail. I never took in the possibility of human incompetency, or the power of money and the injustice of it all.

Years investing in Nautilus Minerals (Never sold)   11 years original first shares were purchased at $1.69 USD 

Amount of shares    886,000

Cost   $141,446.75

I learned a lesson and will recover from this, but others may not. It would be interesting to put the amount of shares and cost numbers we just gave away to the filthy rich, who just stole this company. It would also be interesting to know if this is not the first time that they have done this.

but the boogie man will get these guys that rooted us of our money only time and i mean this only time scamming ass holes I'm sorry to hear you lost so much

In the last 12 years I've basically made 3 big trades.

A123 Bankrupt Lost $52,000
NUSMF Bankrupt Lost $165,888  (146,002 shares)
Currently short the NASDAQ since 2017

I'm not a stupid guy but, I am a slow learner -- my first trade ever was when I was 16 and bought shares in Circle K -- Bankrupt within 2 months from when I bought.

On the positive side, I think my lesson has been engrained.  I will never put another dollar into stocks.  I'm done.

I'm in the same boat as everyone here. Has anyone been able to sell their shares? How are we suppose to get a tax loss if we cannot sell our shares for the loss?

(11-09-2019, 02:46 AM)maxmax Wrote: I'm in the same boat as everyone here. Has anyone been able to sell their shares? How are we suppose to get a tax loss if we cannot sell our shares for the loss?

You should be able to talk to your broker and state that the stock is worthless. They will be able to see that, due to the value. They will at that point write it off and you should be able to take the credit which will equate to about nothing, compared to what you invested......