Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopeful Thread
The only thing I can think of is that these numbers are referring to short term investments vs long term investments rather than someone actually 'shorting' the stock IE: they are selling stock they don't own so that they can buy the stock later at a cheaper price netting a profit.

From a capital gains taxation perspective any stocks that I sell at a profit within a year of buying is considered a short term gain where as any shares I sell at a profit after owning them for a year is considered a long term gain.

So when I look at my portfolio I have a distinction between short term and long term assets that simply refers to whether or not i've owned the stock for over a year or not.
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/pe...tal%20gain.

The idea that someone out there is actually 'shorting' the stock seems hard to believe so maybe its just a matter of terminology and referring to stocks that were bought within the last year.

That being said I have absolutely no clue what's going on with the stock or company or why you'd want to go to market with a Joint Venture named Deep Sea Mining Fund. I find it interesting that they say the project assets are currently held on 'care and maintenance' which maybe implies that once they're ready to move forward the assets will be transfered back to Nautilus which is owned by DSMF...wishful thinking I know..

Deep Sea Mining Finance Limited (DSMF), which is 50% owned by Mawarid along with a group of private individuals, acquired the assets of Nautilus Minerals Inc. (in liquidation). The project assets are currently held on care and maintenance as DSMF develops a farm-in arrangement with a group interested in developing the Solwara 1 Project.

(12-05-2023, 06:13 AM)HLV Wrote: The only thing I can think of is that these numbers are referring to short term investments vs long term investments rather than someone actually 'shorting' the stock IE: they are selling stock they don't own so that they can buy the stock later at a cheaper price netting a profit.

From a capital gains taxation perspective any stocks that I sell at a profit within a year of buying is considered a short term gain where as any shares I sell at a profit after owning them for a year is considered a long term gain.

So when I look at my portfolio I have a distinction between short term and long term assets that simply refers to whether or not i've owned the stock for over a year or not.
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/pe...tal%20gain.

The idea that someone out there is actually 'shorting' the stock seems hard to believe so maybe its just a matter of terminology and referring to stocks that were bought within the last year.

That being said I have absolutely no clue what's going on with the stock or company or why you'd want to go to market with a Joint Venture named Deep Sea Mining Fund. I find it interesting that they say the project assets are currently held on 'care and maintenance' which maybe implies that once they're ready to move forward the assets will be transfered back to Nautilus which is owned by DSMF...wishful thinking I know..

Deep Sea Mining Finance Limited (DSMF), which is 50% owned by Mawarid along with a group of private individuals, acquired the assets of Nautilus Minerals Inc. (in liquidation). The project assets are currently held on care and maintenance as DSMF develops a farm-in arrangement with a group interested in developing the Solwara 1 Project.
Thank you what you are saying makes sense. What about the Russian connection? Didn't NUSMF get taken out by both Mawarid and equal partner who is a Russian oligarch?

I thought the original JV was 50-50 but any recent news mentions a 'group' of shareholders so maybe they restructured a bit at some point. Whether or not they 'took out' NUSMF to me is just a matter of semantics. They bought all the assets in liquidation yet it seems much of the licensing and IP continues to mention Nautilus Minerals subsidiaries. LongNautilus mentioned they formed a holding company a while ago. I'm hoping they use the holding company to launch and include existing NUSMF shareholders in the new operation

That is my hope too HLV - that the IP and PNG mining contracts can not be transferred into the new org. That would explain ALOT of the last four years. Time will tell I guess...

Weirdly Norway just announced that seabed mining is approved to move forward in their waters. It is seabed crust mining, which is the same method that'll be used in PNG.

https://apnews.com/article/norway-underw...5f84d52504

"Weirdly Norway just announced that seabed mining is approved to move forward in their waters. It is seabed crust mining, which is the same method that'll be used in PNG."
https://apnews.com/article/norway-underw...5f84d52504

which further demonstrates the farce that is the deep sea mining environmentalists. BTW we're already mining the floor bed for oil and have been for 20+ years. There are territorial waters that are considered Deep Sea(Norway+) that will be mined regardless. Some countries don't even recognize the ISA as an authority for there international deep sea waters. The natural habitat in the abyssal deep is a fraction of coastal and terrestrial land habitat which is the current alternative. So fighting deep sea mining hurts the environment more as it restricts manufactures to source material from terrestrial mines. BUT it makes for a great story for bleeding hearts trying to save the world as they actively contribute to the problem with there phones and other technology. You have an issue with mining the earths resources??? Than stop consuming them.

...sorry about that folks. had to get that off my chest...

They should actually make a simulator game to demonstrate this for folks.

You need to grow your civilization while not destroying your primary livelihood and food source.
Its time to extract resources for your civilization.
You can extract recourses from the land representing 70% of earths living species on 30% of available earths resources or you can extract recourses from the water representing 20% of earths species on 70% of earth resources.

Press Play. See what happens.

Dear Santa, 

All I want for Christmas this year is a Reverse Triangle Merger that allows me to keep my equity ownership in Nautilus Minerals and be part of an exciting company for years to come.  And also to make a alot of money too.

Thank you, LongNautilus

Well I was dead wrong about something happening this year - f*ck!!! Maybe 2024 will finally be the year we get definitive closure on this wild ride. Still positive, still believe that seabed mining is the future but still completely clueless on what happens next. Regardless I wish a sincere Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone on this board - thank you for all of the conversations!

Lastly this is my layman's case for a Reverse Triangular Merger based on what I've read. Investopedia link: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/rtm.asp

"A reverse triangular merger is the formation of a new company that occurs when an acquiring company creates a subsidiary, the subsidiary purchases the target company, and the subsidiary is then absorbed by the target company."

1. Acquiring company Mawarid Mining and Mettalloinvest: 60%+ shareholders of NUSMF at time of January 2019 CCAA.
2. Subsidiary: Deep Sea Mining Finance (DSMF): 50/50 partnership between Mawarid & Mettallo. DSMF owns at least 76,000,000 million shares of nusmf and might have purchased up to 165,000,000 shares since 2019. May have additional private investors now. 
3. Target Company: Nautilus Minerals (nusmf) 683,000,000 million shares. DSMF attained control in 2019.  NUSMF Shares still trading as of December 2023.

"In a reverse triangular merger, the acquirer creates a subsidiary that merges into the selling entity and then liquidates, leaving the selling entity as the surviving entity and a subsidiary of the acquirer. The buyer’s stock is then issued to the seller’s shareholders."

1. The Mawarid & Metallo (aquirer) created subsidiary DSMF merges with Nautilus Minerals and will eventually liquidate. The surviving entity Nautilus Minerals' (seller) shareholders will retain equity ownership in the continuing business via the revaluation, recapitalization and refiling of the OTC Expert Market symbol nusmf.       
 or
2. The Metals Company (buyer) purchases surviving / seller entity Nautilus Minerals via a stock swap. Shareholders of nusmf receive shares of TMC.  Founders of TMC started Nautilus Minerals. TMC purchased their only mining assets from Nautilus Minerals in 2019. DSMF owns at least. 4.6% of the shares of TMC. The combination of Nautilus Minerals and The Metals Company creates a total deep sea mining company years ahead of any competition.

"A reverse triangular merger is attractive when the seller’s continued existence is needed for reasons other than tax benefits, such as rights relating to franchising, leasing or contracts, or specific licenses that may be held and owned solely by the seller."

1. Nautilus Minerals (seller) still has multiple mining contracts with PNG, including a fully licensed Solwara 1, 12 key patents, additional mining IP,  rights to  multiple prospective sites, completed and tested subsea tools with a SMD maintenance agreement and a 80% completed vessel, the Nautilus New Era, with Fujian Shipbuilders.

December 2023 trade volume: 612,000

2023 Total 12 Month trade volume: 4,974,710

https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/NUSMF/quote#trade-data

Happy New Year Mr. LongNauitus!

I think your business proposalls make a lot sence. I say we find the corporate office and educate they folks on how ot rund a profitable business. Its not a hostile take over..its just a subutle change in corparate direction.

sorry about all the spelling issues