Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J P Morgan
Is it possible that IOC has started the share buyback? They announced it a while ago. Now, a deal is imminent, they want a good purchase price. This price will rise after a deal announcement.

'Relker' pid='17086' datel Wrote:Is it possible that IOC has started the share buyback? They announced it a while ago. Now, a deal is imminent, they want a good purchase price. This price will rise after a deal announcement.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when a company buys back shares? Aren't they limiting they number of shares outstanding? Thus they wouldn't be contributed to 5.2% in essence they make the value of our shares increase as the total size of the pot has been reduced.....

'Palm' pid='17084' datel Wrote:Here is a link to 13G filings: http://www.paulhastings.com/assets/publi...s/1827.pdf An interesting thing on this is that this is the NY office filing this 13G. The 3%+ that Maui mentions that was reported back in Oct shows on Morningstar as having been filed by their UK office. So will this 5%+ be shown separately from the UK amount, or does it include it?

Thanks for the link, Palm;  that helps.  Based on that, it appears to me that JPM owns more than 5% of IOC in accounts that it exercises investment discretion over.  That would include their mutual funds.  It would not include by definition all "street name" stock as bonk alleges, and I don't think JPM even has a very large retail business.  It might include some institutional client accounts (pension type for example) or private wealth accounts over which they have specific authorization for discretionary management (i.e. do not need client authorization for buy and sell decisions), or certain insider accounts.  It would include proprietary holdings, of course.

As for the UK, the three subs listed in the filing above includes a UK sub, so that probably is included in the 5%;  you may want to try to determine the filer name for the 3% filing.  Maybe there's a separate entity involved, or maybe there is some lower filing requirement in the UK.

This is all very simple: don’t make it too complicated. JP Morgan runs mutual funds (like Fidelity, American Capital, and Well Fargo). They also have separately managed portfolios and (a few) brokerage accounts (like Merrill and Morgan Stanley). The mutual fund manager has been buying. This is not a “straw” buy for someone else.

'Ass0ciatedPress' pid='17087' datel Wrote:

'Relker' pid='17086' datel Wrote:Is it possible that IOC has started the share buyback? They announced it a while ago. Now, a deal is imminent, they want a good purchase price. This price will rise after a deal announcement.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when a company buys back shares? Aren't they limiting they number of shares outstanding? Thus they wouldn't be contributed to 5.2% in essence they make the value of our shares increase as the total size of the pot has been reduced.....

I'm pretty sure the Company has not "announced" any specific authorization for any share buyback, and therefore would not be making any share purchases.  They once indicated that it is something the BOD would consider in the future contingent upon cash position.

AP is correct in that shares bought back by the Company would be retired or become "treasury shares" and reduce the shares outstanding, and would not be in any such "5%" reporting, and would increase each remaining share's portion of ownership and earnings (i.e. would be anti-dilutive).

'Poman' pid='17080' datel Wrote:

'jft310' pid='17078' datel Wrote:Bonk is a liar this is a corporate buy or a JPMorgsn Fund , Bonk is a liar

I think JFT is correct here. JPM has "sole" voting power for over 5% per this filing.

Has Raymond James had to file a 13d for their aggregate number of shares for retail?  RJ holds 4,155,000 shares for their retail clients as of today.  Which leads me to believe this 13d is not for aggregate number of shares by JPM clients.  Tell Bonk to put that in his pipe and smoke it!

L Ron Rules!

'TomCrooz' pid='17093' datel Wrote:

'Poman' pid='17080' datel Wrote:

'jft310' pid='17078' datel Wrote:Bonk is a liar this is a corporate buy or a JPMorgsn Fund , Bonk is a liar

I think JFT is correct here. JPM has "sole" voting power for over 5% per this filing.

Has Raymond James had to file a 13d for their aggregate number of shares for retail?  RJ holds 4,155,000 shares for their retail clients as of today.  Which leads me to believe this 13d is not for aggregate number of shares by JPM clients.  Tell Bonk to put that in his pipe and smoke it!

You got it right, Tom!  Some more "reputation" for you!

In Q3/2011 the BOD announced that they would consider a share buyback. Pre-deal they have not the money to do so, but are convinced that they will receive a large upfront cash payment. So, it is very wise to make a finance arrangement with JPM to purchase back shares when they are still cheap. A side-effect is that they are able to stabilize the shareprice in a very crucial period of the company. Besides, the Interoil fund owners get inpatient with the share performance.

Hmmm... A company can't buy back their shares without a formal announcement that the Board of Directors has approved a stock buyback (even if they never do actually buy any shares). Call me crazy, but, I do not recall InterOil ever making such an announcement. So - my conclusion is that InterOil is NOT presently any part of the buying we are seeing right now.

But, I wish they were !!! The stock price is "stupid cheap" if InterOil has received offers that are indicative of "multiples" of the current share price.

We wait. Bonk's lies will accelerate as we approach the deadlines.
This has nada to do with Shell or IOC buyback. Its a Corporate buy of IOC shares by the Australian division. Would you invest in an Australian or a PNG LNG project?????Or a smart buy.