Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
More on MS great report last week

If people have not read the MS report from last week in its entirety, you really should.  Some questions being asked since are addressed in full or at least in part there.  Someone eluded to something in the disclosures of the MS report (I believe it was Sageo) which was of interest and I believe he was referring to this:

"In the next 3 months, Morgan Stanley expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking services from Anadarko Petroleum Corp, Apache Corp., Cobalt International Energy Inc, ConocoPhillips, Devon Energy Corp, EOG Resources Inc, Hess Corporation, InterOil Corporation, Marathon Oil Corporation, Noble Energy Inc., Occidental Petroleum."

Also I noted this in the MD&A from the 3rd qtr; that during the qtr:

"$11.0 (ie $11 million)- Costs accrued in relation to the fees payable to our financial advisor in relation to the monetization of the Elk and Antelope fields."

No doubt $11 million was an accrual for Q3 and the "financial advisor" will reap far more from the final deal(s), but these are a couple of interesting disclosures; different from what we've seen in the past.

'Palm' pid='32051' datel Wrote:

If people have not read the MS report from last week in its entirety, you really should.  Some questions being asked since are addressed in full or at least in part there.  Someone eluded to something in the disclosures of the MS report (I believe it was Sageo) which was of interest and I believe he was referring to this:

"In the next 3 months, Morgan Stanley expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking services from Anadarko Petroleum Corp, Apache Corp., Cobalt International Energy Inc, ConocoPhillips, Devon Energy Corp, EOG Resources Inc, Hess Corporation, InterOil Corporation, Marathon Oil Corporation, Noble Energy Inc., Occidental Petroleum."

"$11.0 (ie $11 million)- Costs accrued in relation to the fees payable to our financial advisor in relation to the monetization of the Elk and Antelope fields."

No doubt $11 million was an accrual for Q3 and the "financial advisor" will reap far more from the final deal(s), but these are a couple of interesting disclosures; different from what we've seen in the past.

I thought Sageo might be referring to Exhibit 10 of the MS report where it says they expect IOC to receive the following cash payments:

1. At signing of the deal 15%....$500.58 million... Assumed signing date 12-31-2013
2. At FID date 15%....$500.58 million... Assumed FID date 12-31-2014
3. At first gas 30%...$1,001.16 million... Assumed first gas date 12-31-2015
4. Amount due at first gas + 2 years...40%....$1,334.88 million.. Assumed date of first gas +2 years  12-31-2017

Total received by the end of 2017 assumed to be about $3.3372 Billion.

'Palm' pid='32051' datel Wrote:

Palm- Yep,it was me. ( and I forgot to thank Tree for posting the full report...Thanks Tree for all 19 pages! ) And you are right ,Palm. That info was on page 16, and I also thought page 6 was interesting because I liked their idea about IOC being in a " young stage" ( not their exact words but that was their inference). Thanks and I like your "interesting disclosures" comment. GLTY.

Palm,Pet et al - PS...While we have a lull in the activity,This octagenarian (sp ?) would like to take this time to thank all of you for your help on the board. As you probably know by my goofs ,that my computer skills are very limited. When you guys highlight something in blue( as Pet has done over the years) , I can click on it and get the information.That sure is a great help to me. I wish all of our board members a happy thanksgiving. As  Red Skelton always said'God bless'.