Hello, I've never posted here but I've been lurking on the boards for the last couple months.
Has anyone checked out the new shorting data (from what I can tell, ~38%)?
I thought it would lower.
Any thoughts on how that may effect the pps?
Thanks
K
|
Short position released?
|
|
01-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Hello, I've never posted here but I've been lurking on the boards for the last couple months. Has anyone checked out the new shorting data (from what I can tell, ~38%)? I thought it would lower. Any thoughts on how that may effect the pps? Thanks K
01-12-2014, 04:24 AM
yeah it came out yesterday:
http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_...sting.html 11,682,028 as of 12/31 vs. 11,711,122 on 12/13. At 56M shares outstanding it is 20% of float: http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/nq/short-interest May explain why the stock jumped in the final hours - you would think more shorts have covered but they didnt as the number of shorts outstanding is essentially flat.
01-12-2014, 07:12 AM
'wudimao' pid='35968' datel Wrote:yeah it came out yesterday: http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_...sting.html 11,682,028 as of 12/31 vs. 11,711,122 on 12/13. At 56M shares outstanding it is 20% of float: http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/nq/short-interest May explain why the stock jumped in the final hours - you would think more shorts have covered but they didnt as the number of shorts outstanding is essentially flat.
Float is actually much smaller than that. Theres only 29M shares trading. Also, i think shorts were covering via options. Call option open interest spiked in december for in the money strikes. http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=NQ&m=2014-03
If anyone is an expert on options could opinie, that would be helpful. I'm definitely not but the spike in open interest and lack of covering indicated to me that the only other way to cover was via buying calls.
01-13-2014, 11:51 PM
I am not an expert but one way to hedge your short position is to go long the CALLs, this will lessen the pain on a the expected sudden spike in SP. This will happen soon. We get closer day by day! |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|