Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
20F and the shorts thesis
#1

The shorts will keep saying where is the 20F. Just wait until it is filed......

Reply

#2
I think they should have filed in conjunction as they sort of said, it fuels the fire for the nay sayers, and is irresponsible. That being said, the company has said over and over again, once the special investigation is over, the 20-f will be ready to be filed. In theory if the company was honest as I think they have been, they also said that PWC had the investigation team take on more work, and provide more info, so this would still lead us to believe the 20-f is coming. But in my opinion it should have been out today, shortly after the press release. Not sure why they do what they do sometimes.
Reply

#3
Agreed. This is great news, but not the knockout blow that longs needed. Shorts will point to the minor comments about internal controls and devices. With that said, I just bought shares. Will be very disappointed if the company doesn't 1) Get that 20F out soon and 2) Update long suffering longs on the status of share buybacks.

Haha, as I write this Carson Block on the tape. "Unequivocally a fraud!" Sure buddy.
Reply

#4

'Spacchiusu' pid='44250' datel Wrote:I think they should have filed in conjunction as they sort of said, it fuels the fire for the nay sayers, and is irresponsible. That being said, the company has said over and over again, once the special investigation is over, the 20-f will be ready to be filed. In theory if the company was honest as I think they have been, they also said that PWC had the investigation team take on more work, and provide more info, so this would still lead us to believe the 20-f is coming. But in my opinion it should have been out today, shortly after the press release. Not sure why they do what they do sometimes.

NQ has to release the IC first. So it can force PwC US to release 20F. IC by DT and 20F by PwC China have been completed for a while.  If IC does not come out, you couldnot see 20F forever due to PwC US.  Now, IC come out, 20F should be released soon. And the data of IC and 20F should be completely consistent.

Reply

#5

We have waited this long. Waiting a few more days will not hurt.   We are definitely getting closer. The cash is there so the market cap on NQ is too cheap to be ignored by the funds. I think more funds are coming back in.

Reply

#6

'Mountainbiker' pid='44259' dateline='<a href="tel:1401890 Wrote:

We have waited this long. Waiting a few more days will not hurt.   We are definitely getting closer. The cash is there so the market cap on NQ is too cheap to be ignored by the funds. I think more funds are coming back in.

Agree. Actually, more new funds will join the party. Let's see

Reply

#7
I understand, and I can see all of your points. I am very long, and totally screwed myself time and again with this stock, and my expectations. I'm just stating the facts, and I hope that it's just a formality now and gets signed off because in theory it's all over with respect to the independents and having them take on extra work, otherwise this will be short lived and I just prefer the short thesis finally gets put to bed. I have put it to bed for a long time, but the stock price dictates a very different story as we all know.
Reply

#8

There is going to be a conference call to discuss Q1 results in the days to come. Slow and steady rise is better than the big jump at the open.

Reply

#9

'Spacchiusu' pid='44250' datel Wrote:I think they should have filed in conjunction as they sort of said, it fuels the fire for the nay sayers, and is irresponsible. That being said, the company has said over and over again, once the special investigation is over, the 20-f will be ready to be filed. In theory if the company was honest as I think they have been, they also said that PWC had the investigation team take on more work, and provide more info, so this would still lead us to believe the 20-f is coming. But in my opinion it should have been out today, shortly after the press release. Not sure why they do what they do sometimes.

I don't think they have other choices except releasing IC now. The reasons being

1. They have been sticking to their original plan (to release both the same time). But it has been delayed so long and the investors are losing patience. Many complained about lack of information from NQ. SP kept falling, etc.

2. MW & other shorts have been attacking the company again and questioned why IC cannot be released first if it was already done.

I think if they kept being quiet, some would say they don't care about shareholders; If they released IC, then some would say they didn't stick to their original plan. Either way, it wasn't an easy decision to make.

Reply

#10
True, I understand that. It still comes down to the 20-F and having them sign-off in short order which given them issuing this, you would think is going to happen really really soon.
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)