Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nautilus Minerals Announces Release of Annual Results

>> Yo Nautilus, when is the AGM?!?

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 
Toronto Ontario, March 31, 2015 - Nautilus Minerals Inc. (TSX:NUS, OTCQX: NUSMF) (the "Company" or "Nautilus"Wink announces the release of its audited consolidated financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2014, together with Management's Discussion and Analysis and the Company's Annual Information Form.
2014 Significant Events
  • Resolved issues with the Independent State of Papua New Guinea (the "State"Wink and formed the Solwara 1 Joint Venture
  • Entered into a Vessel Charter with Marine Assets Corporation, for delivery of a purpose built Production Support Vessel by the end of 2017
  • Advanced the Solwara 1 Project, with the bulk cutter assembled and the commissioning and Factory Acceptance Testing phase underway
  • Confirmed Clarion Clipperton Zone nodule deposit
  • US$118.8 million in cash and cash equivalents as at December 31, 2014
Nautilus' CEO, Mike Johnston, said "we are delighted with the significant progress we made in 2014. Securing a vessel charter was a major milestone for the Solwara 1 Project. We are also extremely pleased to have formally commenced our partnership in the Project with the State's nominee, Eda Kopa (Solwara) Limited (State Nominee) after receiving its contribution of US$120 million and we appreciate the State Nominee's continued support."
The Company remains committed to maximizing shareholder value by achieving its objective of developing the world's first commercial high grade seafloor copper-gold project and launching the deep water seafloor resource production industry in 2018.

did i miss something or why is the share-price going down the toilet?

Someone really wanted to get rid of approx. 12,000 shares and there were no bids I guess. If the volume were higher I would be worried. No bids down to .43 (.to) = not a lot of interest in this stock at this point.

Sad 

Somebody knows what's going on ?

quiet a drop

Just no buyers I guess

Anyone hear anything recently about getting the "missing" $10M back????? Did Nautilus lose more to the black hole - is that what this drop is all about?

Studied the MD&A for clues and found two likely culprits.  Even though this board has known additional capital will have to be raised, the act of raising money is often taken badly by many investors.  The fact is that Nautilus is a junior explorer and requires a lot of capital until production, at which point they will be gushing cash.  They just need to make it 3 years to get across the finish line (hopefully with no black swans).  

Another item that stood out in the MD&A is that if they ever have need to cancel the vessel charter, they better do it before Year 3 ends, or there will be some very hefty payments required.  Let's hope they don't have to cancel in year 3, as that would mean Sol1 doesn't have enough resources to last more than 3 years and the remaining pipeline of Solwara projects is empty.

NAUTILUS MINERALS INC.

MANAGEMENT’S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL CONDITION AND RESULTS OF OPERATIONS

The following Management Discussion and Analysis (“MD&A” ) has been prepared as at March 30, 2015 for the year ended December 31, 2014

http://sedar.com/GetFile.do?lang=EN&docClass=7&issuerNo=00005833&fileName=/csfsprod/data151/filings/02329319/00000001/n%3A%5CPAV%5C413401%5CSEDAR%5CAnnualMDA2014.pdf ;

Security Deposit

During the quarter ended December 31, 2014 the Company expensed $10.0 million with the Company and MAC being the victims of a cyber attack by an unknown third party. Because of the uncertainty relating to the recovery of the deposit, the full amount has been expensed as at December 31, 2014 to the statement of loss. Should the Company be able to recognise any future economic benefit attributable to the payment following the conclusion of the relevant investigations, a credit would be recorded in the statement of loss in the period of recovery.

Outlook and capital requirements

The Company’s known contractual obligations at December 31, 2014:

Non-cancellable operating leases

Not later than 1 year $600,058
Later than 1 year and not later than 2 years $213,804
Later than 2 years and not later than 3 years $105,993
Later than 3 years and not later than 4 years $79,980,072  <-- point of no return
Later than 4 years and not later than 5 years $79,980,072
Later than 5 years $218,901,450
Total Commitments $365,781,449

The non-cancellable commitments as at December 31, 2014 include the payments to be made under the charter party arrangement with MAC for the PSV with a commencement date no later than January 1, 2018.

The Company is involved in mineral exploration which is a high risk activity and relies on results from each exploration program to determine if areas justify any further exploration and the extent and method of appropriate exploration to be conducted.

The Company has no source of revenue and has significant cash requirements to be able to meet its administrative overhead and maintain its property interests. In order to be able to resume the construction contracts and advance the development of its mineral property interests, the Company will be required to raise additional financing. Until that time, certain discretionary expenditures may be deferred and measures to reduce operating costs will be taken in order to preserve working capital. Nautilus expects that cash and cash equivalents will be sufficient to pay for capital expenditure commitments and general and administrative costs for the next 12 months.

And another thing - they still haven't announced the AGM!

We can always rely on you, M4M, to take info put out and bring it to us with great insight.

The statement on the $10m was succinct in the MD&A. "Aw sure, just lost $10m to the great black hole. Guess we better expense it". I sure hope they have new, fully secured ways to transfer funds \ pay bills in place for the future. I think I saw something on the Yahoo board about new processes but cannot recall it fully.

Wow. Maui with the fear factor! I like it. Mine for a couple months and they will know ~exactly~ how long the mine will last and have a very good approximation of the total value of the site. Fish or cut bait in a 3 year window pull out. Golden! Nice contract. With the 100's of millions running around and the BILLIONS of resources, I find it interesting that people have any interest in the company getting cyber-hacked for $10million. They expense it as it has to be according to GAAP. Moving on.... right!? They will get it back or a portion of it with the insurers... This just isn't a issue. ? ? I have a lot of shares, a day like today looks really bad on paper with other stocks I would be concerned. With NUS, I'm not. SSD, what happened? Not much. Right? A couple $5000 trades were made, that's it. We are not in it for the trade, we are in with a 3 year window (for me I am thinking 2.5 until physical-drool-reaction-to-PPS). I don' think we will get $41 because there is too much time between here and then. I'll make $11 million dollars if we hit $41. I am hoping to make $2million. No matter how you shake it that is a game changer. I got involved heavily with EA and their pipeline of AAA titles (their product portfolio is huge and diversified) that would be available for the "new" console cycle about 10 months out. The stock went from $23 to $10.77 in the next 7 months. I lost a shirt or two. The investment community saw that they would have 2 terrible quarters for sure. The "new" consoles were coming and nobody was buying their product when a new console/console-product was just around the corner. (Fact was, they continued to sell because of their product line and diversity, despite maintaining $4billion in revenue they still had that PPS decline). Why weren't investors and MMs piling into this stock? There was only a 1, maybe 2, quarter wait until this company starts KILLING it with the new console cycle?!!!!! Which they did (big fanfare and suprize. . . It was only the long hauling investor and the ones that had the ability to continue to "catch the falling knife" to continue to invest in something that could withstand the Time. 12 months later all of those investors were rewarded, but I continue to wonder who were the millions of sells that sent a 11-month "sure thing" down 120%? People that had a 'short' 10 month vision of the future got crushed because the market is so fickle. So reactive. So unbelievably stupid. If anyone thinks I am being harsh, history doesn't lie. Look at 2007 to 2012. There will be a bunch of bull(as in the droppings kind) in between what we think will happen and it happening. That's it. Today gets a 2 out of 10 on my bull meter. At least it is bull, bad bull today, but it speaks of possible great positive bull to come. In closing (lol)...Anyone remember the Eddie Murphy Delirious VHS? Ed Norton and Ralph Kramden... "I know what you know and you know that I know that what you know is what you know and that is what I know that you know that I know....".

Okay,Monk - so I got my hand slapped. But you seem to be dipping into M4M's VO tonight.