Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where was the Lagoon?

Let’s look at Chart No. 15. http://tinyurl.com/q2lzmbq ;  
What should we expect to find at the Antelope-6 location? Hession says he expects to see some poor quality muddy lagoon type low porosity limestone. I say if they can’t tell where the western fault is by seismic they also can not tell where any lagoon type rock is until they drill a hole that finds it. We have drilled Antelope-1, 2,3,4 and 5 and in every case we have found either high porosity limestone or high porosity dolomite at the top of the zone. What do I expect to find at Antelope-6? I think we should find high porosity limestone and/or dolomite at the top of the zone. I think there is a good possibility that we could have high porosity limestone and/or dolomite at the top of  the zone all the way to the gas/water contact on the east and south sides of the field. On the pre-drill map shown on Chart No. 10 you will see that they had Antelope-6 coming in at -1,900 meters sub sea but on Chart No. 15 the post-drill structure map shows the well is now expected to come in at -2,000 meters sub sea.  Are they setting us up to come in higher than expected again? If it comes in at  -2,000 meters sub sea it will only have 214 meters (702 ft) of pay above the gas/water contact. Also it will be at the same sub sea depth as Elk-4. Maybe that is why they don’t expect much from Antelope-6 since Elk-4 was low on the flank of the reef and did not have any high porosity rock.

Antelope-4, on the South edge of the field has not found anything but dolomite so far. Now we have to drill a sidetrack to see how far it extends. Is that vertically or horizontally or both? Another good problem to have I guess.

Hession quote "A Giant"

Pet, following your geology lesson the other day, let's assume that Antelope, Mule Deer, White Tail, Raptor, and Antelope South were once the same reefal structure. The current separation in elevation and displacement results from reef deposits riding fault blocks, with Antelope the most up-thrust and Raptor the most down-thrust.

Is it likely that the process of dolomitization which is so important for the Antelope reservoir also happened on the down-thrust blocks? Maybe before they were down-thrust?

In other words, are there any implications for the rock in the down-thrust blocks from the rock we are finding at Antelope?
Thanks.

'Thylacine-2' pid='59515' datel Wrote:Pet, following your geology lesson the other day, let's assume that Antelope, Mule Deer, White Tail, Raptor, and Antelope South were once the same reefal structure. The current separation in elevation and displacement results from reef deposits riding fault blocks, with Antelope the most up-thrust and Raptor the most down-thrust. Is it likely that the process of dolomitization which is so important for the Antelope reservoir also happened on the down-thrust blocks? Maybe before they were down-thrust? In other words, are there any implications for the rock in the down-thrust blocks from the rock we are finding at Antelope? Thanks.

Thy - I believe your post is spot on and I believe all shareholders need to fully understand what you are suggesting and what this would strtegically mean to the company 5 years from now.

Health and Happiness,
Hemi

The company on slide 9 addressed the geology of our acreage. They describe an atol on the ancient sea bed that had rock deposited over many years at the same time.

See slide for the picture heres the verbage.

Slide 9 gives an idea of the actual geology of this giant field.
Here we have a modern and an ancient example of the Elk-Antelope depositional
environment.
The picture on the bottom left shows a modern example of an atoll carbonate build-up.
The numbers relate to One, the slope; Two, the reefal rim; and Three, the lagoonal rock.
The picture at the top of the slide is an example of a Devonian carbonate build-up
exposed at surface.
This also shows the relationship between the slope, the reef and the lagoonal rock
types.
For scale, this is Windjana Gorge in north-western Australia.
It is only 100 meters high, or about 330 feet, while the gas column in Elk-Antelope is
about 700 meters high, or nearly 2,300 feet.
Both these examples are similar to what we have in Elk-Antelope – with the slope on the
west, the reefal rim where we drilled the appraisal wells, and the lagoon to the eas

'Thylacine-2' pid='59515' datel Wrote:Pet, following your geology lesson the other day, let's assume that Antelope, Mule Deer, White Tail, Raptor, and Antelope South were once the same reefal structure. The current separation in elevation and displacement results from reef deposits riding fault blocks, with Antelope the most up-thrust and Raptor the most down-thrust. Is it likely that the process of dolomitization which is so important for the Antelope reservoir also happened on the down-thrust blocks? Maybe before they were down-thrust? In other words, are there any implications for the rock in the down-thrust blocks from the rock we are finding at Antelope? Thanks.

Thy- As you know I am not a geologist so you will have to take this for what it is worth. These limestone shelves are deposited in shallow marine environments and then the coral reefs are formed on top of that. Of course the coral reef is a living thing which continues to build as long as conditions are favorable. Over time these reefs can become quite thick. As conditions change the reefs eventually die. This may be due to the ocean receding or perhaps the reef being lifted up above the surface of the ocean. The dead reef is made of dead shells etc which is mostly calcium carbonate which is what limestone is. Dolomite is magnesium/calcium carbonate. So for the reef/limestone to be converted to Dolomite it has to be subjected to a source of magnesium. For this to happen I believe the limestone reef has to be above sea level. So the dead reef is subjected to this source of magnesium, probably ground water which is rain water that has been filtered through the earth and has picked up some minerals including magnesium.

So to answer your question, it is possible, even likely,  that we can find similar conditions elsewhere in the area given the volume of limestone available. Since all of these limestones/reefs are the same geologic age they were probably exposed to similar environmental conditions.  However to have similar dolomitic reefs the other areas have to have undergone the required conditions i.e. a reef has formed, died and been exposed above sea level, has been exposed to a source of magnesium, has been buried with a few thousand feet of sediments (shale), has been folded and faulted to form a trap for the hydrocarbons. The dolomitization process probably occurs before the reefs are buried but some changes could continue over time if the rocks are subjected to water containing magnesium. All we have to do is find those sweet spots.

Finding a reef with dolomite is a plus but not necessarily a requirement. We may also find a high porosity limestone reef that has not been dolomitized. We just need to find something better than the low porosity fractured limestone platform.