Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PRE sounds a little more positive about Tri-3 ...

of course - they are still talking about selling PNG assets...

from Q2 conf. call transcript:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3441776-...art=single

"And finally, in Papua New Guinea, we're drilling with our parents InterOil the Triceratops-3 well. The well is almost reaching a final depth, but we have found very good gas shows over a gross column close to 150 meters, which is indicating that the well is going to be very, very successful."

150 meters is 492 feet .

492 feet has a nice ring to it!!! Smile

'jft310' pid='61750' datel Wrote:150 meters is 492 feet .

Jft - In the Tricera #2 well it was reported that we had two zones of possible hydrocarbons seperated by 200+ feet of marl . Can you find out if both zones are present in the #3 well ?  Would be interesting to know. Can't wait to see some logs ! Good luck. ( Dst results would be great also ).

Sageo- they told us they were at TD and testing Triceratops . We don't know when they hit TD and started testing . Assuming they did a DST and are logging it could be end of Sept before we hear results of Triceratops. By then also I would also hope to hear about Ant 4 results but the end of Sept is not a scheduled earnings time period which is when we get updates historically . I can ask but don't hold your breathe .

'jft310' pid='61775' datel Wrote:Sageo- they told us they were at TD and testing Triceratops . We don't know when they hit TD and started testing . Assuming they did a DST and are logging it could be end of Sept before we hear results of Triceratops. By then also I would also hope to hear about Ant 4 results but the end of Sept is not a scheduled earnings time period which is when we get updates historically . I can ask but don't hold your breathe .

Jft - Many thanks for your response. Once in a while,I long for the PM days .He would give us some info in a shorter period of time and it would be much more extensive than our current "providers", ie..... logs, dsts,and/or core results etc, as well as the depths where these tests were being conducted ..... ( please don't anyone'jump down my throat' ....I did say "once in a while" ). Good luck to our longs.

'melmel' pid='61749' datel Wrote:

of course - they are still talking about selling PNG assets...

from Q2 conf. call transcript:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3441776-...art=single

"And finally, in Papua New Guinea, we're drilling with our parents InterOil the Triceratops-3 well. The well is almost reaching a final depth, but we have found very good gas shows over a gross column close to 150 meters, which is indicating that the well is going to be very, very successful."

Melmel - Good day to you ! Not just "very" but " very,very successful". Spudded the #3 on June 15 ,reached TD on August 13,2015.  (59 days -similar to Ant 5) . Very,very implies to me that we found some good porosity in some areas of the almost 500 feet . Today marks 17 days since reaching TD. Would sure like to see an update on Tri 3 in the same great fashion that we just received on Ant #4 . Also,would appreciate them telling us if we encountered both upper and lower reservoirs as we did in Tri #2, and if so, if "good gas shows" came from which reservoir .  As always,thanks for your comments to our cause.