- With earnings and Q1 guidance inline, rising inventories and a somewhat surprising tax charge, it’s only natural that the shares of Texas Instruments sold off.
- Especially after the shares already experienced a very powerful rally the last 6 months or so.
- However, after some consolidation, we think the upward trend will resume, driven by good tailwinds.
January 29th, 2018 · Comments Off on Texas Instruments Will Consolidate Short Term
Comments Off on Texas Instruments Will Consolidate Short TermTags: TXN
January 29th, 2018 · Comments Off on Rising U.S. Risk Premium?
- Contrary to the expectation of many pundits, the dollar has softened considerably.
- We explain why this is surprising and discuss one proposed theory in an attempt to explain this, looking at ‘credit inflation.’
- We also discuss another idea, a rising U.S. risk premium due to increasing U.S. turbulence.
Comments Off on Rising U.S. Risk Premium?Tags: The Markets
January 28th, 2018 · Comments Off on Colgate-Palmolive To Benefit From The Upturn In The Global Economy
- We’re experiencing a synchronized boom in the world economy and the IMF has just increased its global growth outlook.
- Colgate-Palmolive should benefit from this, as well as the falling dollar.
- However, there are some factors that complicate this promising picture.
Comments Off on Colgate-Palmolive To Benefit From The Upturn In The Global EconomyTags: CL
January 28th, 2018 · Comments Off on A Trump Effect?
- Apart from business sentiment and the stock market, hard data does not display a decisive acceleration in the economy.
- But it’s early days and the tax cuts have yet to take effect.
- The IMF expects a significant acceleration in investment and growth for the US this year. However, there are also other tailwinds blazing in the economy.
Source: A Trump Effect? | Seeking Alpha
Comments Off on A Trump Effect?Tags: The Markets
January 28th, 2018 · Comments Off on Everspin SST-MRAM Technology Could Gain Traction
- Life isn’t easy for small innovative semiconductor stocks when trying to market new technologies.
- Everspin isn’t an exception, but at least they have growing revenues from another version of MRAM technology.
- It remains to be seen how successful the introduction of their new SST-MRAM technology will be, but we are about to find out.
Comments Off on Everspin SST-MRAM Technology Could Gain TractionTags: MRAM
January 20th, 2018 · Comments Off on Can Fuel Cell Vehicles Take Off?
- At present, fuel cell vehicles are hampered by cost, lack of infrastructure, and lack of cheap and clean hydrogen production and distribution.
- The infrastructure and hydrogen production can benefit from the success of the use of fuel cells in other sectors and the plunge in price of solar and wind.
- The cost disadvantage will remain, and mass adoption will need mass subsidies by governments and companies to kick in the scale and learning economies which will reduce cost.
Comments Off on Can Fuel Cell Vehicles Take Off?Tags: Alternative energy
January 20th, 2018 · Comments Off on Fuel Cell’s Future Looks Bright But Buying The Shares Is A Leap Of Faith
- The company is experiencing an impressive acceleration in business development.
- The market opportunities for Fuel Cell are potentially tremendous.
- However, its finances are murky and it isn’t at all clear when the cash bleed is going to stop, at least not to us.
- So investing here constitutes a bit of a leap of faith.
Comments Off on Fuel Cell’s Future Looks Bright But Buying The Shares Is A Leap Of FaithTags: FCEL
January 20th, 2018 · Comments Off on Hydrogenics: Possibly Profitable This Year But With Risks
- Hydrogenics is experiencing an increased interest in its solutions on multiple fronts.
- A virtuous cycle is possible where the increased interest produces economies of scale and learning, driving down cost and increasing adaptation.
- This will also lead to increased hydrogen infrastructure, lessening the constraints for further adoption and benefiting the company directly.
- Operational leverage is another likely product, it could take the company close to profitability this year.
- Significant execution risk remain though.
Comments Off on Hydrogenics: Possibly Profitable This Year But With RisksTags: HYGS
January 18th, 2018 · Comments Off on Plug Power’s One-Stop Solution
- We love Plug Power’s business model which contains several points of leverage.
- However, it is difficult to get a clear picture of its finances, and how the growth will improve these.
- While the company dominates a sector and is well placed to be able to leverage that into other sectors, this is not a given and time frames could stretch.
Comments Off on Plug Power’s One-Stop SolutionTags: PLUG
January 18th, 2018 · Comments Off on Ballard Power Systems Is On A Roll
- Fuel cell adoption looks like being on an inflection point, with many segments in many areas experiencing increased, and sometimes accelerated, uptake.
- This is reflected in Ballard Power’s rising revenues and improved financial performance.
- While the shares also reflect this as they have experienced a strong run-up already, for the patient investor there is more ahead.
Comments Off on Ballard Power Systems Is On A RollTags: BLDP