Another Own Goal?
- The trade tensions between the US and China are heating up.
- Much of the US focus is on Chinese efforts to expand in high-tech industries in general and optical networking industries in particular.
- Hence, the US is putting sand in the wheels of the expansion of important Chinese companies like ZTE and Huawei.
- But these policies risk accelerating Chinese efforts to become more independent of US suppliers and technology, which are already underway.
- Given the country’s resources and available engineers, it is difficult for the US to thwart Chinese ambitions in high-tech in general.
Source: Another Own Goal? | Seeking Alpha
Tags: Economic Policy · Economy