Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
CPA proposes Class Action Law Suite vs MH and BOD

'kerekesc' pid='70282' datel Wrote:

I have been hearing alot about possible synergy benefits regarding this deal, but I have yet to hear exactly what these benefits are.  And, more importantly, I have yet to hear what these benefits are that IOC couldn't benefit from if it remained independant.

As noted on another thread, I think they see the benefits as owning a piece of OSHs action, as in PNGLNG and perhaps some hypothetical cost savings.  To make sense of it all, I think we should accept that we IOC shareholders are into a set of known unknowns and unknown knowns and have to work through them.

'katytrader' pid='70285' datel Wrote:

I have been hearing alot about possible synergy benefits regarding this deal, but I have yet to hear exactly what these benefits are.  And, more importantly, I have yet to hear what these benefits are that IOC couldn't benefit from if it remained independant.

As noted on another thread, I think they see the benefits as owning a piece of OSHs action, as in PNGLNG and perhaps some hypothetical cost savings.  To make sense of it all, I think we should accept that we IOC shareholders are into a set of known unknowns and unknown knowns and have to work through them.

The unknown knowns have my attention right now. Company money has been spent for years on assessing our assets. The results of these assessments are known by IOC and insiders but we stock holders have been told almost nothing. Hession telling us that the resource is excellent four times a year is nothing. How big is it? After seven years I still don't know. I know Hession knows but he won't tell us. He wants us to sell because he says it's a good deal. Dr. Hession tell me what you have found and I will make my own decision. Seven years we wait and still know very little.

We have been played from the beginning. I'm voting no deal. If IOC had been forthright I may have gone along. Not now! I won't be cheated.

'katytrader' pid='70285' datel Wrote:

Precisely my point.  We are faced with a set of unknowns.  As a result, we are expected to make serious decisions as a result of a lack of transperancy and accurate, effective, honest communication from our senior management and BOD.  Many smart people here have assessed this deal negatively based on the "dribble" uttered by Botten and Hession.  Nothing these two have said convinces anyone with half a brain that this is a good deal for IOC shareholders.  The more Hession and Botten say, the more angered I become.  They actually think they can spout any nonsense, and we will believe them.  How delusinal!  I expect this from Botten, but Hession is the real piece of work.  Until Mr. Mulacek responds with a credible alternative, or, as others have mentioned, a Shell or Exxon enter the fray, we must vote no to current management and BOD, and vote no to this deal.  Next, we must immediately begin the Elk/Antelope certification process.  If we cannot get clear, honest, concise answers, we must not blindly accept the opinions of blatantly self-centered, self-serving egotists.

'kerekesc' pid='70287' dateline='<a href="tel:1464042 Wrote:

'katytrader' pid='70285' dateline='<a href="tel:1464038 Wrote:

'kerekesc' pid='70282' dateline='<a href="tel:1464036 Wrote:

Precisely my point.  We are faced with a set of unknowns.  As a result, we are expected to make serious decisions as a result of a lack of transperancy and accurate, effective, honest communication from our senior management and BOD.  Many smart people here have assessed this deal negatively based on the "dribble" uttered by Botten and Hession.  Nothing these two have said convinces anyone with half a brain that this is a good deal for IOC shareholders.  The more Hession and Botten say, the more angered I become.  They actually think they can spout any nonsense, and we will believe them.  How delusinal!  I expect this from Botten, but Hession is the real piece of work.  Until Mr. Mulacek responds with a credible alternative, or, as others have mentioned, a Shell or Exxon enter the fray, we must vote no to current management and BOD, and vote no to this deal.  Next, we must immediately begin the Elk/Antelope certification process.  If we cannot get clear, honest, concise answers, we must not blindly accept the opinions of blatantly self-centered, self-serving egotists.

Well said, both of you!!! I agree 100%.  These moron anal-ysts that keep calling this a "good" or "fair" deal don't know s**t from  Shinola.  The couldn't have analyzed the SPA or anything else.  Bring on the lawsuit.  Vote no on the deal.  They're crooks

I agree that we need to file a class action suit against MH & the BOD immediately and obtain an injunction to halt the proceedings.

How many of you investors in IOC are willing to join in a class action suit against Hession and the IOC BOD?

Pehaps it's time to take action. I am for it!

I am for it!

I'm with you - Sue the bastards. Vote no and no. Unfu**ing believable!!!

Can't wait to talk to Dr Pink in June and tell him what I think...

I am definitely in favor of a lawsuit against MH & BOD for failure to perform their fiduciary duties to shareholders.

Thank you for your support !!
Phil might be a good leader of our effort !!