Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit by the idiot here: I mean validity of TWILO comparison?

Hello all! New here and not yet a $TEUM long but heavily considering a position right before - or after - 12th. On these boards and elsewhere Twilo is used as the competitor company. However, as part of my due diligence on a company, one of the places I like to look is https://www.owler.com/company/pareteum. While Pareteum is the heavy hitter there, note that Twiloix is nowhere in sight. Anyone have a thought on this?

Sorry I said Citrix - blurry head not yet coffee!!! APOLOGIES!!!!!

And no: before anyone starts asking I am NOT a shorter or a shill or a ... I'm just an investor interested in taking a position in $TEUM and very much NOT interested in all sorts of "yeah, taking off" "Rocket from here" etc. BS pumper stuff, but in only taking positions based on the REAL underlying company data and possibilities.

Thanks to all on this fantastic forum!

Hello, welcome aboard. I assume your question is why Owler doesn't list Twilio as a competitor of Pareteum? Well, I'm not sure how up to date that Owler website is, perhaps it only lists the smaller companies in the sector (Twilio is more than 10x as big), but as someone who has written about both companies they are operating in the same sector, that is, communications as a service cloud platform.

They do get compared quite a bit, even in 2017 already:

Twilio ( TWLO), a $2.3 billion Silicon Valley-based cloud communications company, went public in June of 2016 at $15 per share and its stock nearly doubled in the first day of trading to close at $29. The beneficiaries were primarily venture funds who got in before the company went public. Fortunately, for public investors today, Pareteum ( TEUM), a New York-based cloud communications company is on a similar growth trajectory and offers similar potential for high-returns.

The product of a successful turnaround with a new management team laser focused on mobile cloud communications, Pareteum has proven extremely effective at getting new customers and growing market share and sales. Pareteum’s best performance measure, its revenue backlog, reached a record $129 million as of November 30, 2017, up an astonishing 115% from the end of theQ2 2017 and 37% in just two months, from the end of Q3 2017...

Like Twilio, Pareteum provides a cloud communications platform that enables software developers to create and deliver voice, SMS, video, Internet of Things (IoT), payments and other communications applications globally. This is done on cloud-based software, without the traditional mobile telecommunications hardware infrastructure. This means minimal capital expenditures, faster growth and higher margins – a great combination to produce investor returns.

Rapidly expanding into global markets including Brazil, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe, Pareteum is diversifying its customer base and aggressively pursuing growth markets. Vodafone ( VOD), the second largest mobile operator in the world in terms of number of connections, is one of Pareteum’s largest customers.

Admin and stpioc - Thank you! for your replies. You could be right about Owler only looking to compare Apples to Apples, but of course that makes the constant comparisons to Twilo seem a bit over-reach. Or not. Because of course your point is that Patreum could be the NEXT Twilo ...

And thanks for the link stpioc, but that's not really a mainstream comparison ... but again, it may be unrealistic to look for such a thing due to Parateum's current size and lack of history as the kind of company it is currently.

I remain unsure in my thinking, but I REALLY appreciate two thoughtful, helpful answers.  Loving this board!  Thanks all. Alley

P.S. Just to add my two cents, for a couple of reasons, while I like the company, I am concerned about taking a position before the 12th as I am concerned about the price movement and so I suspect I'll wait until after the immediate dust settles and then join all. If I wait and miss pricig ... oops me!  Alley

They are in the same business, Twilio and Pareteum and the latter has even hired CRO Rob Mumby from Twilio, where he used to be Director of Global Connectivity.

Yes, you can wait to see the figures if you're not comfortable buying now, it's always difficult to predict short-term stock prices. What I would say though is that longer-term, it's hard to see how we're not going substantially higher, given the visibility given by the backlog, the operational leverage and the fairly modest valuation.

Twilio is a nice example to follow. They'll do roughly $1B in revenue this year, depending what comes out of tomorrow's 2019 guidance that's 7x-10x what Pareteum will do and Twilio has slightly more shares outstanding (122M) and isn't yet profitable (although this year a small profit is expected).

The company has a $15B market cap..

'admin' pid='82940' datel Wrote:

They are in the same business, Twilio and Pareteum and the latter has even hired CRO Rob Mumby from Twilio, where he used to be Director of Global Connectivity.

Yes, you can wait to see the figures if you're not comfortable buying now, it's always difficult to predict short-term stock prices. What I would say though is that longer-term, it's hard to see how we're not going substantially higher, given the visibility given by the backlog, the operational leverage and the fairly modest valuation.

100% Correct!