Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great NQ write-up by hedge fund Toro Investment Partners

When I come across an investment idea that I find super compelling, I like to share it.  I believe you will find NQ Mobile compelling, if you spend 15 minutes reading the attached write-up from hedge fund Toro Investment Partners and the articles linked to below.  NQ Mobile (NQ) is a global mobile security and privacy protection SaaS company for smartphones.

NQ Mobile (NQ) is trading around $6.40 and has approx $2.46/share in net cash.  Top line is growing 80%+ y/y and is trading under 4x EV/EBITDA.  It is a perfect play on global smartphone adoption and the rapidly increasing malware threat targeting Android smart phones.  Company reports 4Q12 earnings on March 6.  I expect another solid report (company has beat and raised last 6 quarters).  Street estimates 2013 revenue to be $153M.  Given the recently announced distribution deals and increasing monetization of its 280MM worldwide users, I expect 2013 revenue to be 180M-190M.  2013 FCF should be approx 40M (against a current enterprise value of $200M).

Many have reasonable concerns that is it a Chinese company.  That said…(1) the company raised $31M from VCs including Sequoia and GSR and was deeply vetted by both (Sequoia holds its 7M shares post-IPO) (2) the company is audited by PWC (the only top 4 not to have a problem with Chinese frauds) (3) NQ went through a proper IPO process (not a reverse merger) and was vetted by 3 US investment banks (4) NQ registered for a secondary and was vetted by Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch in Summer 2012 (5) ex-CTO of Samsung Wireless, Omar Khan, performed EXTENSIVE due diligence (using his extensive contacts in the mobile industry) before joining in Jan 2012 as co-CEO (6) NQ’s products have 50,000+ reviews (ave rating 4.5 stars) in Google’s app store. (7) 2 of NQ’s core products won Top 25 awards at CES 2013.

There was an article in the FT on Feb 21 on NQ….  on.ft.com/Yepvgj

Here’s another article from Knowledge@Wharton on NQ…  http://www.knowledgeatwharton.com.cn/index.cfm?fa=viewfeature&articleid=2734&languageid=1

Seeking Alpha article I wrote…  http://seekingalpha.com/article/1126561-nq-mobile-high-growth-strong-tech-dirt-cheap

NQ is my favorite long for 2013.  The author of the attached write-up, Taek Kwon, runs a $100M China-focused HF, is ex-TPG and has outstanding contacts in China (he is Chinese).  I agree with all the content in the article.  With the stock trading around $6.40 currently, I believe the stock will trade over $15 before the end of 2013.  Fair value is well over $20.

Attached Files
.pdf   130221 - NQ Mobile - Investment Memo.pdf (Size: 277.84 KB / Downloads: 45)

Thanks for that, doublebagger. I guess earnings March 6 will have provide some impetus to get out of the trading range.

That's a pretty thorough report. I thought these charts looked good, assuming they were yearly growth figures. They're not, they're quarterly growth figures (registered, active, paying users)...

Pretty phenomenal.

The Toro analysis is spot on.

AVG came out with earnings yesterday. Mobile users grew 30% for them QoQ. AVG is focused on the US and Europe. I cant help but think thats gotta mean NQ should see some explosive growth for 4q12.