Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best from the boards
3094 vangorilla May 19 2013
Netflix could sure use G2 to protect their valuable content.

HTML 5 video tag formats are unprotected and videos can easily be copied and shared.

Clipstream® encoded videos can be watermarked and locked to only play from authorized source websites or to authorized viewer computers.

3095 sevted
Netflix desperately needs to find a new video solution in the next eight years as Silverlight is obsolete. They begged the browser makers to add security, but all they've got to is a draft specification with 25,000 people petitioning against it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57583619-93/w3c-proceeds-with-web-video-encryption-despite-opposition/

If the specification were to become a standard a year or two from now, years would go by as the browsers built the functionality into new versions and more years would go by as the public slowly upgraded. If Netflix is lucky, they'd be able to transcode into multiple formats securely eight years from now.

Or they could just use clipstreem in 2013. The security is already there and the record companies love it for their music videos.

3141 sevted May 23 2013
The price should be going up according to technicals.

http://www.barchart.com/opinions/stocks/DSNY

Short Term Indicators Average: +80.00%% Buy
20-Day Average Volume - 159

Medium Term Indicators Average: +100.00%% Buy
50-Day Average Volume - 108

Long Term Indicators Average: +100.00%% Buy
100-Day Average Volume - 95

Overall Average: +96.00%% Buy

Price Support Pivot Point Resistance
0.9000 0.8400 0.9100 0.9800

3158 commoncentsinvestor
OT - MITK update

On April 29th I wrote:

"For those interested in another potentially big gainer you might take a look at Mitek Systems (MITK). That is provided you haven't lost confidence in Vangorilla's stock picking abilities. I haven't. This is another one with disruptive technology potential for the Banking industry. I believe he was in MITK early on at around $1. He hasn't spoken about it recently so has probably moved on. It has been a real up & downer over the last year or so but I think it is on the cusp of a substantial move up. Just broke through $5. IF their new Mobile Photo Bill Pay technology becomes as popular as their Mobile Photo Deposit, and they have positive results for a patent infringement lawsuit, this could be a $25 or more stock easily."

Now, 30 days later the stock is almost 20% higher and I believe it is going to make a huge run. I started buying around $2.70 and am still buying. Bought some more today at $5.51.

This is a message I wrote today on the Yahoo MITK board:

"Lots of questions about why the big upward surge.

I don't think this is about a "signature patent" or about something "mysterious" that we don't know about. I think if you had read my messages over the past several days they have included the reasons why MITK was very undervalued and why this surge was going to happen.

1. It is now widely recognised that Mobile Photo Deposit is a hugely successful technology which is being demanded by bank & credit union customers.

2. It is being rapidly adopted by more & more banking institutions with almost 900 signed. Current revenues are only based upon about 1/3 of those institutions going live. Even with Mitek's #$%$ fee schedule, it is not difficult to see how they could triple revenues over the next 12 months or so and due to the nature of the product, much of the increased revenue will drop to the bottom line.

3. Early indicators for Mobile Photo Bill look very favorable for a success similiar to that of Mobile Photo Deposit. If that is true, Mitek would no longer be looked at as a one trick pony. They also have signed a second large auto insurance company for their Photo technology for that industry. So now you're looking at a company with 3 potential profit centers, $15M in cash and 0 debt. What's not to like?

4. There is a 25% short interest in MITK shares. While during negative or unsure periods that can be a real factor in depressing the share price, during encouaging times the exact opposite is true.

I think right now we are looking at pretty much of a perfect storm for a substantial upward move in MITK shares. These opportunities don't present themselves that often. Smart shorts will cover, and smart investors will add to or initiate positions. The really intelligent shorts might even decide to go long."

3171 BlueSkyMining May 30 2013
Email sent from Steve Vestergaard today:

We put a couple new movie trailers on the showcase page and have
increased performance up to 150% on every browser except IE 9. It
should improve quality on slower CPU's.

Can you try it and report back your experience?

Thanks.

http://dsny.com/g2/showcase.php

3188 vl39
Reviewed movie clips on a 10mbs internet link. All viewings on large screen setting.

Toshiba Laptop (i3 processor)using chrome browser: Picture was perfect - HD quality. Slight problem lining up full screen.

HP Desktop (i7 processor)using Firefox ver 21: Picture was perfect, but half way through downgraded for internet speed and quality was still very good. Second time through picture better on Startrek compared to Gravity. Two slight pause in StarTrek and a downgrade for internet speed in Gravity. Third time around both played perfect, but StarTrek quality was better than Gravity.

HP desktop with IE10: Picture was good (grainy). Second time through StarTreck played well and Gravity had one pause.

IPAD 1: Best I have seen with a couple of pauses to catch up (HD quality).

Overall, I rated these two clips 9.8 out of 10.

3211 commoncentsinvestor June 3 2013
New Press Release

Destiny Media Releases Play MPE® App for Android Now Available on Google Play

VANCOUVER , June 3, 2013 /CNW/ - Destiny Media Technologies (DSY.V) (DSNY) is pleased to announce the release of an all new Play MPE® app designed specifically for Android powered devices (http://tinyurl.com/plaympe-android). Music industry professionals who receive content through the Play MPE® system already access broadcast quality pre-release media through any web browser, Windows or Macintosh applications, or through Play MPE®'s iOS app. The highly anticipated Android app for Play MPE® will enhance the mobile experience for the thousands of Play MPE® users that have Android devices.
The Play MPE® Android app features intuitive access to all new releases, a streaming playlist, release flags, themes, and a library for offline playback. The account-wide flag and playlist features integrate seamlessly with web and desktop access, allowing users to take an action on one device that appears wherever they log in.
The Android app for Play MPE® is the second mobile app launched this year, following the Play MPE® iPhone app announced in April. Apps designed specifically for Blackberry, iPad and Android tablets are expected over the next three months.
Media Technologies, Inc.
Universal, EMI, Warner, Sony and hundreds of other labels use Destiny's secure distribution service to deliver their pre-release music to radio and other trusted recipients. The company is launching a new cross platform playerless streaming format that doesn't require streaming servers and which reaches up to one hundred times as many viewers as other solutions with the same bandwidth and infrastructure by reusing streams. Publishers can reach internet TV's, smart phones, tablets, e-book readers and computers from a standard web server without the cost of transcoding.
SOURCE: Destiny Media Technologies, Inc.

3223 RWeThereYet
How to find big stocks June newsletter is on Destiny's website... it says we may finally be rewarded this quarter....
http://dsny.com/v7/pdfs/How%20tofind_June2013.pdf

3226 selinpinar Jun 4 2013
Quick assesment;
internet Ads Market $4billion as per HTFBS
DSNY captures half of it( conservative approach) $2billion/annum in revenues. Since all investments are completed to handle the market demand as per HTFBS, cost to achieve $2billion revenues is minimal. Hence, $1billion net income that is 50% of revenues isn't far fetched.
Standard of Market Cap for Industrial Companies is 5 times eps., then DSNY cap is $5billion, translation pps is $100.00.
Standard of Market Cap for Internet Companies is 20 times eps., then DSNY cap is $20billion, translation pps is $400.00

Not too shabby, eh...

3231 vangorilla
I believe that at some point (hoping pretty soon) that some of the big players will realize that their cost to license this technology/and or gain a competitive advantage over others in the space, is more than the current valuation.

It is that point when the DSNY's share price reaches a tipping point of sorts.

Right now the valuation is a rounding error for most of the companies that could fully maximize all of the tools in DSNY's tech toolkit.

Google is expected to spend well over $1b transcoding videos for YouTube next year. How much would the "encode once" function be worth to them alone?...now add in the massive bandwidth/server costs.

Now add in the watermark/track trace technology.

I imagine that if/when DSNY trades over $1 our patience will be very well rewarded.

3270 streamingeagle88 June 6 2013
Disagree slightly.

Stock chart validating our conclusions. Now is the time to buy like hell as DSNY appears on radar screens and investor/traders investigate our wares.

So if you have any green left......

3319 vangorilla June 8 2013
The Safari bugs were fixed on G2.
I think Steve feels pretty good about showing G2 to the big players now.

3350 sevted

3370 ppcc Jun 10 2013
Steve was in LA meeting potential customers all last week.
I guess he's gotten a lot of interest.
He sent me an email to clarify: DSNY will qualify for Nasdaq, if we were trading at $2 or higher.

3374 vangorilla
Yes, G2 can include the watermarking feature.

It should be a very nice selling point for any company that distributes their valuable content..

One of the key issues/debates right now is having DRM in HTML5...it doesnt now.

G2 offers this and makes it a very attractive solution for many big brands.