Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
SP today
since @ 1 pm et yesterday the shorts have been on the bid trying to buy with-out moving the stock up much according to real time "time and sales" fyi

'Banco_Central_de_Costa_Rica' pid='41394' datel Wrote:since @ 1 pm et yesterday the shorts have been on the bid trying to buy with-out moving the stock up much according to real time "time and sales" fyi

If that were the case, wouldn't you think there would be some hedge funds forcing the short's hand? And pushing it higher as opposed to having them have free reign?

'Banco_Central_de_Costa_Rica' pid='41394' dateline='<a href="tel:1396992 Wrote:since @ 1 pm et yesterday the shorts have been on the bid trying to buy with-out moving the stock up much according to real time "time and sales" fyi

that could explain the anemic volume.  I expect Friday to be very different.  I expect a reprice upward during Fridays trading.  Shorts will not be sitting on the bid, but forced to chase one another in the offer

i'm not banking on any surge in the s-t even if the indep audit comes up roses. edu just got a bump, and then it slumped for a while as i recall after their audit came thru unqualified. that said, there was some overhang on edu having to do with uncertainty over their near term profitability as they transitioned their model to smaller classes and rationalized the number of locations, so the circumstances were somewhat different.

the only thing that i think could cause a sustained upswing in the near term would be evidence of one of the big boys (bidu, tencent, alibaba, etc.) taking a stake in nq. otherwise, i think a return to the 20's will be hampered by the negative general sentiment and downward bias in the market, especially toward chinese tech/internet stocks. longer term, i think a clean audit and continued strong performance/guidance will carry the day.

Anogther low volume day......

'Mountainbiker' pid='41470' datel Wrote:

Anogther low volume day......

I am looking for a late day run over $17. Let's break the piggy bank....

'Banco_Central_de_Costa_Rica' pid='41394' datel Wrote:since @ 1 pm et yesterday the shorts have been on the bid trying to buy with-out moving the stock up much according to real time "time and sales" fyi

Could you explain how you are seeing this? The uptick ratio looks to have been negative

Positive Fed Minutes and NASDQ rebound very quickly. Let the uptrend resume. Good time for NQ to release earning and audit.

'kshen' pid='41473' datel Wrote:

Could you explain how you are seeing this? The uptick ratio looks to have been negative

i have real time time and sales for every mkt in nq when you cover a short you have to disclose on the buy order whether you are net short. interesting bats seems to have the bid durring this buying, if you read flash boys or saw the cnbc interview....

thanks for the info