Poll: Who will win the world cup?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Brazil
0%
0 0%
Spain
0%
0 0%
Argentina
50.00%
1 50.00%
Germany
50.00%
1 50.00%
Italy
0%
0 0%
Belgium
0%
0 0%
Chile
0%
0 0%
France
0%
0 0%
Colombia
0%
0 0%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the World Cup?
Admin -

I have enjoyed the passion in your postings and the insights you have both provided and relayed.

Two votes on the poll. Germany and Argentina. This is our game.

Good luck.

Always my best regards,

Art

No llores por mi, Argentina!

Yea, thanks and congratulations for your ace prediction! Funny how we have predicted the final here with just two votes, and Argentina could really have won it tonight, it was their best game of the tournament, even without Di Maria and Messi only on 25% or so. That guy needs a looooooong holiday. Perhaps he should bite someone, like Suarez, who is suspended until October as a result of that..

But, according to Gary Linneker, football is a game of 90 minutes 11 against 11 and in the end the Germans win..

This sums it up, sort off..

By extra time it was more about tiredness than tactics and it was no coincidence the game’s final two attacking substitutes had the best two chances. It was simply about composure: Rodrigo Palacio chested down and prodded wide of the post but Mario Götze chested down and fired home.

Germany and Argentina lean to the right in search of magic moment | Michael Cox | Football | The Guardian

'admin' pid='46902' datel Wrote:Yea, thanks and congratulations for your ace prediction! Funny how we have predicted the final here with just two votes, and Argentina could really have won it tonight, it was their best game of the tournament, even without Di Maria and Messi only on 25% or so. That guy needs a looooooong holiday. Perhaps he should bite someone, like Suarez, who is suspended until October as a result of that.. But, according to Gary Linneker, football is a game of 90 minutes 11 against 11 and in the end the Germans win..

For the people doubting our Messi at 25% statement, there is an absolute wealth of statistical evidence to back that up in the following link:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/lion...mpossible/

I didn't realize Nate Silver has moved into soccer. Maybe it is just the rational extension of following people whose jobs seem to be limited to kicking the can down the road.

Another decade of American football injury recognition and litigation could move that gladiator sport off the US stage to be replaced by "the other" football. Given a few decades of youth soccer under our belts in the US the seed was planted some time ago and is growing.

That reference to Italy goes back to the 1990 World Cup, the last time Argentina reached the final and had the chance to see their name engraved into the malachite base of the 18-carat lump of gold – 36.8 centimetres high, 6.1 kilograms – that will draw our gaze in the Maracanã lights on Sunday night. Caniggia had scored the winning goal, from a Maradona pass, in a last-16 tie against Brazil that finished with Branco, one of the defeated players, claiming Argentina’s back-room staff had put tranquillisers in his drink. Maradona, years later, confessed to the “holy water” scandal and Branco threatened to take it to the courts. Even ignoring all the other sporting enmity, it is not difficult to understand why some Brazilians have chosen to sell their tickets rather than risk putting themselves through an ordeal of blue and white ticker-tape.

Lionel Messi faces destiny but German pragmatism may defy sentimentality | Daniel Taylor | Football | The Observer

Yet not even Maradona was immune to the pressures. Jorge Valdano, his team-mate in 1986, recalls how Maradona was so emotionally wrought before the final he broke the dressing-room silence to ask to telephone his mother. “Tota, come and help me, I am afraid, you must help me.’”

Lionel Messi faces destiny but German pragmatism may defy sentimentality | Daniel Taylor | Football | The Observer

By extra time it was more about tiredness than tactics and it was no coincidence the game’s final two attacking substitutes had the best two chances. It was simply about composure: Rodrigo Palacio chested down and prodded wide of the post but Mario Götze chested down and fired home.

Germany and Argentina lean to the right in search of magic moment | Michael Cox | Football | The Guardian

This is how Van Gaal Works: willful and brilliant. What are the secrets behind the strategy the ever-presumptuous 62-year-old former gymnastics teacher launched a while ago as ‘The Van Gaal Way’? This is Management 101, Van Gaal-Style:

The Louis van Gaal Way: 7 business lessons - NRC Q

Vladimir Putin loomed at the center of the Maracanã today. And in a way, he’s loomed over this whole past month of soccer. Russia will host the next tournament and then Qatar the one after that, and there was always the unspoken sense that this was the last of the great World Cups—a moment of relative innocence before the fall.

Was Brazil 2014 the Last Great World Cup? | New Republic

'ArtM72' pid='46943' datel Wrote:I didn't realize Nate Silver has moved into soccer. Maybe it is just the rational extension of following people whose jobs seem to be limited to kicking the can down the road. Another decade of American football injury recognition and litigation could move that gladiator sport off the US stage to be replaced by "the other" football. Given a few decades of youth soccer under our belts in the US the seed was planted some time ago and is growing.

I see that happening. In the end, few other nations play American football and you really want to be in a sport where you can measure yourself with the rest of the world.