Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NQ at $6

'Moondog' pid='45815' datel Wrote:Selling here isn't out of emotion it's the opposite : bottom line end of quarter figures. You book the loss against your profits. Maybe the fund is in at 7 bucks and the loss is miniscule and they can redeploy somewhere better. It's probably Toro or Altimeter.

I had a email conversation with Toro just yesterday. Nothing has changed to change his views.

'Moondog' pid='45815' datel Wrote:Selling here isn't out of emotion it's the opposite : bottom line end of quarter figures. You book the loss against your profits. Maybe the fund is in at 7 bucks and the loss is miniscule and they can redeploy somewhere better. It's probably Toro or Altimeter.

Maybe that's how hedge funds work but not how mutual fund or seperate account managers work.  Perhaps at the Mutual fund YE in October or retail at end of year but that's just wrong based on your implication that large funds are selling at end of qtr.  Just match up with facts.

They should have bought back heavily in the market, sold 10% of the company to a US fund, and got the 20F out when they said they were going to.

I am not one to make predictions, but, gonna throw one out.

My mood with regard to NQ is at its lowest. Most people who are posting seem to feel the same way I do, ie lousy, pissed, depressed, choose one....

I have discovered that when my mood is at a new low (or new high), what I think will never happen DOES happen. In this case, it feels like NQ is never going to file the 20F and get back to normal business.............so, here's hoping!!

'pwalk' pid='45823' datel Wrote:I am not one to make predictions, but, gonna throw one out. My mood with regard to NQ is at its lowest. Most people who are posting seem to feel the same way I do, ie lousy, pissed, depressed, choose one.... I have discovered that when my mood is at a new low (or new high), what I think will never happen DOES happen. In this case, it feels like NQ is never going to file the 20F and get back to normal business.............so, here's hoping!!

haha, good one. My mood has been making lower high, lower low for weeks if not months, so far, not yet a contrarian indicator. Need to get more pissed off.

well, im still adding...maybe that's why it keeps heading south...lol