Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I have exciting IOC news
#21

'j4j' pid='29315' dateline='<a href="tel:1380224 Wrote:

'Crippsfl' pid='29314' dateline='<a href="tel:1380224 Wrote:

Considering the fact that IOC has been tighter than a duck's behind when it comes to giving ANY details regarding the conversations with XOM, this is not surprising. What was Wayne going to say during the question and answer sessions other than, "I cannot comment on ongoing negotiations?" What does that accomplish? Better to wait until the deal is done and then they will have PLENTY to talk about. Just a WAG on my part.

generally speaking, a company only cancels a conference appearance for a good reason, particularly at the conference of a firm which provides key sell-side research.

You are exactly right.  they would attend if possible.  I always thought we would be close when they shut WA down on the conferece circuit.  Perhaps he has now been brought over the wall on deal(s) details.  Will be interesting to see if he is still readily accessible to shareholders.  I hope not.  Silence may be Golden at this point.

Reply

#22

I remember Westlake and I like their thinking:

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst+PT+Change/Westlake+Securities+Raises+PT+on+InterOil+%28IOC%29+to+$130/8368802.html

Reply

#23
Interesting that if I recall correctly MH was holding things so close to his chest that even WA did not know what is going on. If WA can not attend what could he know???? It might just be positive, Interesting
Reply

#24
I don't think they have allowed being in negotiations stop them before, or would now.

It could be simply a matter of anticipating too much conflict with respect to travel, the formalities of jointly closing the deal and getting the announcement and regulatory filings out, and coordinating and communicating with the PNG government, investment bankers , etc. I think that is going to be a complex, fast moving, international process, and it may be tricky getting it done and disclosed properly without any leaks.
Reply

#25

Interesting that if I recall correctly MH was holding things so close to his chest that even WA did not know what is going on. If WA can not attend what could he know???? It might just be positive, Interesting [/quote]

*********

Total guess but I wouldn't think it would just be because of something "he knows".  I would think he could artfully choose not to disclose something like that (he does it every day when being pumped by shareholders)...while still creating a positive presence for IOC at the event. 

One plausible explanation might be that whatever IOC plans, strategies, projects that he would have addressed may no longer be up to IOC...but rather up to the vision of managment of XOM or RDS.  

Since this is still 10 days away, I would assume it wouldn't be health-related for WA.  

Reply

#26
CAC, as artful as WA is, and has been, he may no longer have wiggle room. I know WA has been kept at arms length from the details so he could handle shareholder questions and not accidentally let anything slip. What if one of the offers they have does not include XOM? That would be hard to dodge in a public setting and they just may have zipped everything tight until they figure it out. Certainly seems like that is what happened. I believe the conference cancellation may be significant, particularly because it would have been on friendly ground.
Reply

#27
And then we have the IPI investors being bought out. These are puzzle pieces for those who can fit together the pieces. I was told one would know the deal was finalizing with the IPI buy outs. That's happening. Back to puerto Vallarta
Reply

#28

'Getitrt2' pid='29322' dateline='<a href="tel:1380225 Wrote:I don't think they have allowed being in negotiations stop them before, or would now. It could be simply a matter of anticipating too much conflict with respect to travel, the formalities of jointly closing the deal and getting the announcement and regulatory filings out, and coordinating and communicating with the PNG government, investment bankers , etc. I think that is going to be a complex, fast moving, international process, and it may be tricky getting it done and disclosed properly without any leaks.

I like your very reasonable suggestion G~

Reply

#29
That's why I believe they won't linger on disclosure, precisely for that reason, imo
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)