Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
one more squeeze ?
#21

'TxPm' pid='10082' datel Wrote:That is essentially what happened with the VW spike..I'd be willing to bet that the MM of those 28,000 Sept 100's doesn't have anywhere near that many shares which is why they will do everything in their power to keep the stock below $100. I'd be willing to bet that whoever was the MM on those calls was shorting IOC like crazy last Week

The Vw squeeze happened with about 13% of the outstanding stock shorted at the time.....IOC has about 16% of the oustanding shorted.  I can only dream that Eric wakes up one morning to see IOC trading at 3X the previous close( like Vw).  Wiped out on those naked calls and may have to sell a rental or two at deep discount to cover losses.

L Ron Rules!
Reply

#22
That squeeze also had another factor; Fiat (I believe) already owned a chunk of VM and out of the blue announced it was buying another big chunk at a higher than current pps. We don't have that factor...................... yet.
Reply

#23

'Palm' pid='10166' datel Wrote:That squeeze also had another factor; Fiat (I believe) already owned a chunk of VM and out of the blue announced it was buying another big chunk at a higher than current pps. We don't have that factor...................... yet.

Mr. Palmwhipple, "yet" may be the operative word.  No way to know for sure who has been buying since 6/30.  Unless they cross one of the reporting thresholds, we could have a new whale and not know it.  Just speculation, but wouldn't it be nice if the short count has come up a fair amount while a new whale has been buying or an existing whale adding substantially.  It is a possibility.

Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)