Posts: 757
Threads: 97
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
102
There are several things that are on the near recent horizon regarding information that I/investors can look forward to:
1) Bobcat Well Update
2)Raptor Well Update
3) Update regarging OSH arbitration
4) Wahoo directional update
5) Spudding of the delineation wells (likely contigent upon #3 and avaiability of drilling rigs)
Missing anything?
Posts: 804
Threads: 126
Joined: Jun 2012
Reputation:
169
Nice List.
Market waits for #3
Posts: 757
Threads: 97
Joined: Nov 2012
Reputation:
102
Lib,
What are you/market looking for in #3? Are you hoping for Expansion of PNG/LNG with gulf gas and expecting Gulf LNG?
Posts: 804
Threads: 126
Joined: Jun 2012
Reputation:
169
07-16-2014, 01:02 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2014, 01:19 AM by Libtardius Maximus.)
cyber,
Resolution of any kind, I think this is the holdup to a chain of events that none of us are anticipating.
I was just informed that resolution timeline of 6 months after deal announcement is September 12. I have circled it on my calendar. Could happen any time between now and then imo.
Posts: 2,623
Threads: 61
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
225
I don't think #3 has anything whatsoever to do with the spudding of Antelope appraisal wells. Why should it? It may, however, have some effect on the market, hopefully positive.
Anyone still hoping for PNG LNG expansion with A/E gas imo is almost certainly going to be disappointed, but let's don't get into that again.
Lib, there must be some "chain of events" YOU are anticipating with resolution. What? I am very skeptical.
Posts: 435
Threads: 18
Joined: Sep 2013
Reputation:
88
'Getitrt2' pid='47019' datel Wrote:I don't think #3 has anything whatsoever to do with the spudding of Antelope appraisal wells. Why should it? It may, however, have some effect on the market, hopefully positive. Anyone still hoping for PNG LNG expansion with A/E gas imo is almost certainly going to be disappointed, but let's don't get into that again. Lib, there must be some "chain of events" YOU are anticipating with resolution. What? I am very skeptical.
Would Expansion of Gulf LNG be more disappointing than this constant drip towards 50? You are right, let's not get into it again, but I think most almost every shareholder of IOC on the planet would be happy with PNG LNG expansion using our gas at this point. At least that would give some certainty to what our company is doing to monetize the gas. This movie is getting old.
Good luck Longs
Jdeo
Posts: 2,904
Threads: 58
Joined: Mar 2012
Reputation:
259
'jdeo1969' pid='47030' datel Wrote:
'Getitrt2' pid='47019' datel Wrote:I don't think #3 has anything whatsoever to do with the spudding of Antelope appraisal wells. Why should it? It may, however, have some effect on the market, hopefully positive. Anyone still hoping for PNG LNG expansion with A/E gas imo is almost certainly going to be disappointed, but let's don't get into that again. Lib, there must be some "chain of events" YOU are anticipating with resolution. What? I am very skeptical.
Would Expansion of Gulf LNG be more disappointing than this constant drip towards 50? You are right, let's not get into it again, but I think most almost every shareholder of IOC on the planet would be happy with PNG LNG expansion using our gas at this point. At least that would give some certainty to what our company is doing to monetize the gas. This movie is getting old.
Good luck Longs
Jdeo
The expansion simply awaits the determination of the available gas volume. I personally don't care if IOC gets a time adjusted present worth equivalent ownership share of PNG LNG train 3 or does its own deal at Gulf LNG. Does anybody really think the gas won't be onboard some tanker in the next five years? Or IOC isn't going to get the payments from Total?
Yeah, this movie was shot in slo-mo. I don't like it, but don't plan to leave the theater either.
Posts: 2,623
Threads: 61
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
225
'jdeo1969' pid='47030' datel Wrote:
'Getitrt2' pid='47019' datel Wrote:I don't think #3 has anything whatsoever to do with the spudding of Antelope appraisal wells. Why should it? It may, however, have some effect on the market, hopefully positive. Anyone still hoping for PNG LNG expansion with A/E gas imo is almost certainly going to be disappointed, but let's don't get into that again. Lib, there must be some "chain of events" YOU are anticipating with resolution. What? I am very skeptical.
Would Expansion of Gulf LNG be more disappointing than this constant drip towards 50? You are right, let's not get into it again, but I think most almost every shareholder of IOC on the planet would be happy with PNG LNG expansion using our gas at this point. At least that would give some certainty to what our company is doing to monetize the gas. This movie is getting old.
Good luck Longs
Jdeo
The closed contracts with Total create as much certainty as possible at this point on monetization. Speculation like yours actually adds to uncertainty, imo.
Posts: 435
Threads: 18
Joined: Sep 2013
Reputation:
88
07-16-2014, 09:29 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2014, 09:30 AM by jdeo1969.)
(07-16-2014, 07:57 AM)Getitrt2 Wrote:
(07-16-2014, 06:25 AM)jdeo1969 Wrote:
(07-16-2014, 01:44 AM)Getitrt2 Wrote: I don't think #3 has anything whatsoever to do with the spudding of Antelope appraisal wells. Why should it? It may, however, have some effect on the market, hopefully positive. Anyone still hoping for PNG LNG expansion with A/E gas imo is almost certainly going to be disappointed, but let's don't get into that again. Lib, there must be some "chain of events" YOU are anticipating with resolution. What? I am very skeptical.
Would Expansion of Gulf LNG be more disappointing than this constant drip towards 50? You are right, let's not get into it again, but I think most almost every shareholder of IOC on the planet would be happy with PNG LNG expansion using our gas at this point. At least that would give some certainty to what our company is doing to monetize the gas. This movie is getting old.
Good luck Longs
Jdeo
The closed contracts with Total create as much certainty as possible at this point on monetization. Speculation like yours actually adds to uncertainty, imo.
With all due respect Getit, the market doesn't agree. And I am not speculating, and if I were, no one is going to buy or sell based on my humble opinion. My point is simple. Since we have drifted down roughly 12 points in a short period of time, I believe many shareholders would rather see our gas go to PNG LNG and see monetization sooner rather than later. That is just a simple point, I am not speculating it will happen. And those closed contracts with Total haven;'t done squat frankly. We are closer to the 52 week low than the 52 week high by a large margin, so I am absolutely okay if the gas ends up at PNG LNG. For the right price of course.
Good luck longs
Jdeo
Posts: 8,568
Threads: 1,342
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
380
JDEO appears by mid Sept we get resolution of the Oil Search/ Interoil arbitration. That will help understand better about e/a gas usage. Appears its Total all the way.
Further RJ stated in July to August we would hear more about the 3 current rigs drilling progress.
They must legally tell us more by mid Aug for the second quarter report. Not that far away.
The markets are totally irrational short term . You will not like this but Buffett says buy a stock and turn off the ticker for 10 years. Today's market is more like a casino.
What Interoil has is this Eastern Papua Basin under lease. Either you believe they will monetize it or not. Whinning does not make the clock move faster. Sorry to say.
This is a great stock for retirement money and/or the grand kids. It's a terrible stock to buy a new car with short term.
Those that wait will see full monetization of Interoils assets one way or another. The exact way is impossible to predict but it's gonna happen.
|