Posts: 6,851
Threads: 697
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
441
Agree Petro; as I stated the other day I think this market is overheated and ready for a correction of a "healthy" variety. I am basically cash in my accounts except for my IOC holdings. I think IOC will hold on for a bit, but we really need to hear something substantial; these Platts, and PNG publication stories do nothing other than a quick pop or cause a ValueDroop. Markets as well as IOC need a Viagra injection that's the real deal to keep from having a traditional October dryhole blowback.
Posts: 575
Threads: 49
Joined: Dec 2011
There are many times when IOC experiences a 20% drop from an intraday high to an intraday low in a period of about a week. They are quite harrowing, but provide "opportunities" for the nimble.
It seems clear that the recent intraday high at 99 was likely induced by the forces of evil, as is the current weakness, set up by a Blair Price story setting up "disappointment."
One of these months, we'll get REAL news, rather than nothing but rumors pulled out of some nether orifices.
Technically, we're in a temporary danger zone. In the absence of REAL news, the forces of evil will have a field day.
VS
Posts: 804
Threads: 126
Joined: Jun 2012
Reputation:
169
kerekesc,
I'm one of the few that believes the market has fully priced in all of worldwide governments actions to prop up the world economy. We're getting very close to an imminent drop while we all wait for IOC's assets to be monetized. I hope there is some giddyup in the management teams saddle.
Posts: 12,025
Threads: 1,809
Joined: Apr 2008
Reputation:
227
1440 Jan 120 buys today, a fair amount..
Posts: 8,568
Threads: 1,342
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
380
Using one historical measure The Presidential Cycle the markets should act well Stock Charts sees S&P 1550 and see a weak IOC .Lots of ways to look at the markets.